Trying to install a test site on a subdomain.  It all seems to install fine, but I'm getting 500 errors in a number of places.  This morning my hosting provider mentioned this error:

(1/1) FatalErrorException

Error: Call to a member function getModuleState() on boolean
in pk_customlinks.php line 158

I have not been able to upload the latest version of my purchased theme, and today I cannot access either the front office or back office - all are returning a 500 error.  I have turned on Developer Mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you are installing a fresh 1.7 installation? File pk-customlinks.php is not a part of it or at least I can't find it. Or are you upgrading from 1.6. and this is a old module which might not be compatible with 1.7

I deleted the files and database.  Then created a new database, uploaded the files and installed PS 1.7.  Front end is fine, back office loads fine but many of the menu items return a 500 error - for example Catalogue>products (though catalogue>categories loads fine).  I have not installed a different theme.  Not sure where I can find the error log?  This is what I get when I try to access back office features: Any help would be great!

This page isn’t working

testps.thestitchersmuse.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500