PrestaShop 1.7 not updating product information

boris

Hi,

my client has imported a lot of products into PrestaShop 1.7.4.3 When you try to change ANY of the product details for SOME of the products it fails to save the changes. The green notification pops up in the top right saying 'Settings updated' but exiting and viewing the product again, nothing has been changed?

This only happens for some of the products, some of the others do save the data.

I've gone into the database and manually added some description text for one of the products and yes the change does show up in the Back Office, but I can't change the text through the Back Office.

I've tried using Chrome, Safari and FF, none work

Checking in the console, on the products that DO WORK I get an ajax response like

{"product":{"tax_name":null,"tax_rate":null,"id_manufacturer":"4","id_supplier":"0","id_category_default":"36","id_shop_default":"1","manufacturer_name":null,"supplier_name":null,"name":{"1":"Dragon DX Guitar","2":"Dragon DX Guitar"},"description":{"1":"","2":""},......AND SO ON

But on the products that DON'T WORK I get an empty response.

{}

Does anyone have any idea whats going on here? And how I can resolve this issue?!

many thanks

Ok so the problem was the product data had been imported (not 100% sure how) but some of the product tags had a '+' symbol in them which was causing a silent fail when trying to update the product.  processUpdate() in AdminController seems to be collecting errors.... but never displays them anywhere unless I'm missing something totally obvious?