PS 1.7.4 Multiple carriers - conflcit on checkout

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem : I have 4 carriers on my shop with product restrictions.

Products from category A are paired with carriers 1 and 2 (shipping prices by weight), products from category B are paired with carrier 3 (unique price regardless of quantity nor weight) and products from category C are paired with carrier 4 (free shipping).

Everything is fine when customers only order within each category, but if one of them order from any combination of categories, then the carrier of the 1st product in the cart is used for the entire order.

Namely : If I order 1 product C and 10 product A, the shipping is free when it should not; and if I order 1 product B and 10 product A, the shipping will be 19€ instead of 50€

Does anyone know a solution to allow multiple carrier for an order (before the order is paid) or any module that would do the trick ? Or anything else, really...

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@joe16 My issue was slightly different to the original post, see link below to my post which got zero response from the prestashop team, despite being such a huge flaw.

That said, I managed to figure out a workaround using product weights. Our prestashop site doesn't actually use weights within our store, we have all these in our our 3rd party despatch system. So I set up weight restrictions for shipping methods then assigned all the products that couldn't go to certain countries specific weights. Hope that possibly helps.

@facethefuture & @victor_pg1

Hi guys,

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, your workaround won't help.

My actual problem is described in these github bugs: 

Edited by joe16 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

PS 1.6 and 30bees supports this. 

Its not perfect - but "works" for us.

When a cart has products with not the same shipping available the shipping for the customer will be shown 2 options, the fastest and the cheapest option, but they will be shown both shipping options (if the options are not the same, If they are only one).   

Try it here: https://forsejt.dk add a product with ref: d006 and one with ref: BNDS01-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So just heard from a friend with a PS 1.7 store that this multi-shipping is still in PS 1.7.

You just need to enable it in the db. it's called: "PS_ALLOW_MULTISHIPPING" and is only visible in the BO if it's enabled in the DB. (if you update from a 1.5 og 1.6 with PS_ALLOW_MULTISHIPPING enabled it's still enabled in 1.7)

Can someone please confirm? 

On 9/21/2020 at 10:29 AM, andersburn said:

So just heard from a friend with a PS 1.7 store that this multi-shipping is still in PS 1.7.

You just need to enable it in the db. it's called: "PS_ALLOW_MULTISHIPPING" and is only visible in the BO if it's enabled in the DB. (if you update from a 1.5 or 1.6 with PS_ALLOW_MULTISHIPPING enabled it's still enabled in 1.7)

I am on 1.7.6 and it is no longer available in the DB.

My problem is similar but I am looking for a solution to allow the customer the ability to see different delivery dates for each product in their order AND change each one at checkout. For this purpose, a 'delivery date' would be a calculation of production time + shipping time. Our products are all custom made to order promotional products and each of them has a different production time. The customer may want some items produced and shipped sooner than others but be ok with the standard production time (which includes free shipping) on the rest of the order.

So, as a crude example, a corporate bank customer has a campaign running all through Q4 and they need 3 different logo merch items to give out to customers during the campaign. Let's use shirts, hats and mugs. They aren't going to be happy being forced to perform 3 different order transactions (just to pick different delivery speeds on each order) and they equally won't be happy having to pay an increased delivery fee for the entire cart (as Prestashop currently works). They will see that the mugs have a 2-day production time with 3-5 day free shipping for a 'delivery date' of 7 days away and they'll see the shirts and hats take a week to make with free 3-5 day shipping for a 'delivery date of 10' days. If they want everything in 5 days then they should be able to pay for a rush 'delivery time' just for the shirts and hats but not the mugs.

This is no different than Amazon where if I am a Prime member, I can build my cart full of different delivery dates, some free Prime 2-day and some based on the sale vendor's standard or expedited fee options.

Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 5:29 PM, andersburn said:

You just need to enable it in the db. it's called: "PS_ALLOW_MULTISHIPPING" and is only visible in the BO if it's enabled in the DB. (if you update from a 1.5 og 1.6 with PS_ALLOW_MULTISHIPPING enabled it's still enabled in 1.7)

I don't have such table in database. Prestashop 1.7.7.0

On 1/10/2021 at 3:53 PM, marazx said:

I don't have such table in database. Prestashop 1.7.7.0

It's there and it "works". 

PS will split the order in 2 or 3/4/5/6... if the order doesn't have the same shipping.

PS will not show it in FO and there's no module or theme for it, I think. 

13 minutes ago, andersburn said:

It's there and it "works". 

PS will split the order in 2 or 3/4/5/6... if the order doesn't have the same shipping.

PS will not show it in FO and there's no module or theme for it, I think. 

But I don't have a table with that name.

16 minutes ago, El Patron said:

here is a module that may get 'us' part way there.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/stock-supplier-management/32765-wk-warehouses-management.html#specifications

because ps dropped warehouse and split orders...

then others will fill that hole with an addon.  

PS will still split orders now. Just like before in 1.6 and 1.5.

I have never gotten Advance warehouse to work in any way - and I don't see why you need it for this. 

1 hour ago, andersburn said:

PS will still split orders now. Just like before in 1.6 and 1.5.

I have never gotten Advance warehouse to work in any way - and I don't see why you need it for this. 

we have those that say PS does not support split orders, but I would really like to be proven wrong on this subject, can you point us to a shop with example products we could test....if it works you want a job?  looool

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, El Patron said:

we have those that say PS does not support split orders, but I would really like to be proven wrong on this subject, can you point us to a shop with example products we could test....if it works you want a job?  looool

I have tried and it works great. 

Just make a demo shop your self and do the test. 

1 hour ago, El Patron said:

well....so you don't' have a production shop doing this?  You say it works but we have to prove it does?  I wish I had time to answer all my own questions looool.

The problem we are here to fix is that it doesn't work - split order works, showing 2 shipping companies in FO doesn't.

Please don't pretend to help us if your are not willing to trust what I say - and at least try to add something to the conversation like a test that shows that I'm wrong.    

2 minutes ago, andersburn said:

The problem we are here to fix is that it doesn't work - split order works, showing 2 shipping companies in FO doesn't.

Please don't pretend to help us if your are not willing to trust what I say - and at least try to add something to the conversation like a test that shows that I'm wrong.    

no you state something works but do not prove it....that I don't find helpful...show you are right....not us showing you are wrong...

pretend to help....that is borderline?  watch yourself....apprentice