victor_pg1

PS 1.7.4 Multiple carriers - conflcit on checkout

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem : I have 4 carriers on my shop with product restrictions.

Products from category A are paired with carriers 1 and 2 (shipping prices by weight), products from category B are paired with carrier 3 (unique price regardless of quantity nor weight) and products from category C are paired with carrier 4 (free shipping).

Everything is fine when customers only order within each category, but if one of them order from any combination of categories, then the carrier of the 1st product in the cart is used for the entire order.

Namely : If I order 1 product C and 10 product A, the shipping is free when it should not; and if I order 1 product B and 10 product A, the shipping will be 19€ instead of 50€

Does anyone know a solution to allow multiple carrier for an order (before the order is paid) or any module that would do the trick ? Or anything else, really...

Hi guys,

Sorry for asking the same quesiton, have you been able to find a solution or a workaround ?

Thank you in advance.

@joe16 My issue was slightly different to the original post, see link below to my post which got zero response from the prestashop team, despite being such a huge flaw.

That said, I managed to figure out a workaround using product weights. Our prestashop site doesn't actually use weights within our store, we have all these in our our 3rd party despatch system. So I set up weight restrictions for shipping methods then assigned all the products that couldn't go to certain countries specific weights. Hope that possibly helps.

Posted (edited)

@facethefuture & @victor_pg1

Hi guys,

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, your workaround won't help.

My actual problem is described in these github bugs: 

Edited by joe16 (see edit history)