1.4 RC4 feedback

MrBaseball34

On Taxes/TaxRules tab:
Please allow actions on multiple selections. Like Disable/Enable with multiple selections. All you have now is Delete.

On Taxes Tab:
If the rule has been disabled, do not warn that the tax is used in a rule when the tax is being disabled or deleted.

Installation/Upgrade:
In trying to upgrade from 1.2.5 to this version, I am getting the infamous "Ajax error:parse error".
Seems that the problem is happening in the doUpgrade() function of controller.js. I can't make out what is actually failing in doUpgrade.php to cause the parse error.

The setting.inc.php file is being created, so I know it's somewhere past line 207.

On almost all tabs:
The little link at the bottom of the page, i.e. on Product Edit tab
"Back to catalog"

Back to catalog

Please put the same one at the TOP as well right below the breadcrumbs.

On almost all tabs:
The little link at the bottom of the page, i.e. on Product Edit tab
“Back to catalog”
Please put the same one at the TOP as well right below the breadcrumbs.
It only appears on pages of second-level tabs of the "Catalog" main tab... and (so) if that link were duplicated top-of-page, it would display about "wee far away from" the Catalog tab button. What would be the value in that?

The value is that you wouldn't have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page when you have a long list of products to go back to the freaking categories list. They don't put the categories list in the breadcrumb.

This is also prevalent on the tabs that have other long lists like taxes and states.