What are the steps for migrating prestashop website to new server

charlestcr

What are the steps for migrating  prestashop website to  new server..

Hi i want to migrate my website to new server...

now my website is hosted in godaddy shared hosting. so i bought new server i want migrate all website(datbase+ files...etc)

How to do this..what are the steps?

pls help

Hi,

Migrating your PrestaShop website from one server to another is not a difficult job if you know what you do. IT takes hardly 30 minutes if everything works fine and expected. 

Here is a guide you may find helpful: 

https://www.prestashop.com/en/blog/how-to-migrate-prestashop-to-a-new-server

If you are not confident, I strongly recommend hiring an agency or freelancer to do this job. You can also get a friend with experience in web development. It's not a hard job and it doesn't take much time. If you couldn't find anyone, I would happy to help you free. You can check my profile to see my agency website. On the website you can send an enquiry with a reference of my name, Pavithra. 

Best wishes,

Edited by pavithraramesh
spelling mistake (see edit history)
  • Like 2

i did migrating website....website is working...but i am not able to make order  ..iam getting error

and not able to login admin panel. i am getting following error.  ()

but i am getting error...Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'public' (T_PUBLIC) in /home/nx3u8lbe8t6x/shopatorion.com/modules/ccavenue/common/cbdom_main.php on line 258
[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/nx3u8lbe8t6x/shopatorion.com/modules/ccavenue/common/cbdom_main.php:
syntax error, unexpected 'public' (T_PUBLIC)

http://www.shopatorion.com/index.php

after renaming  shopatorion.com/modules/ccavenue/   i am able to login admin panel, what is the issue.