Zoom module

seyyarsatis

If you want to have images enlarge on the homepage or in your product-list.php pages... search for Image Enlarge or Thumb Pop-Up module. The first uses a feature similar to the jqzoom feature, and the second one just pops up an enlarged image to the side of the smaller thumbnail image(s). I like the Images Enlarge features better, but if you have a lot of javascript modules or custom themes I have found it difficult to get it to work properly.

Your product pages by default should already have the thickbox feature. If that isn't working at all you need to check your files... especially if you are using a customized theme there might be an error in the code. You can also enable JQZoom from the back office that will show a zoom popup box when a user hovers over the image. Thickbox only appears when you click the image than the bigger image popsup and the back ground fades.

Also, if your images in the thickbox aren't as big as you thought they should be... this is often times because the initial size of the image you uploaded was not large enough. From my personal tests I have found images around the 600x600px size to be optimal... but from what I hear it's best to use images larger than 300x300 to take advantage of the "true" thickbox feature.

HTH!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...