phunter121

Are the prestashop TAGS really that useful to SEO?

Hi guys

Wondered what everyones thoughts are on the roll of the Prestashop tags block is to SEO.

I am fairly up on SEO, but have not really seen such visible tags on websites much before - so I am thinking it is a new idea.

Other than the fact that it is a bunch of relevant keywords (which is always helpful to SEO), is there any other real benefit? I am guessing there is as we now even have presta modules to better support the block graphically.

Any thoughts on the SEO science behind this is welcome?

it's defently helps to get better in google wityh paticilair words.

A tag module or Tag Cloud as it also is named used more and more on websites en is for google but also for your costumers a must to have.

Actually, tags can be used along with categories to help users find their way through the site. It is also a good idea to use your keywords and let Google see them and rank your site higher. However, don't overuse the keywords and make sure the categories and tags don't duplicate each other.

The best way is to use several general categories and then tags to find products within the categories.

As an example, let's say that you have an online store that has loads of different products. you organise them into categories. Now imagine that you can tag each product with two or three relevant keywords. When a customer is looking at one product, he/she can click on its tags for other products with the same tag.

They are like short links, incuding HTML

You must have seen tag clouds already, where each tag is formatted according to its popularity (those in huge font very often searched and those in tiny font are seldom used).

I was just reading for seo, that your tags should emphasize the text in the product name and description? Eg if you are selling green widgets you should have "lorem ipsum green widgets" etc then meta tags should have "green, widgets"