(RESLOVED) developing Prestashop themes

Hi everyone,

yesterday I downloaded and installed Prestashop (which was very straighforward with a nice installer) and I starting looking at what was involved to develop a theme and completely change the look and feel.

As there is a lack of documentation currently I though it might be helpful (especially to others who are new and focus on CSS and XHTML) if I documented my experience and learning curve and could provide answers.

I was hoping that those of you who do know can lend answers to the areas I don't understand that I have raised on the website page and post the answers or help in this topic here and I will then take the time to add that information back to the website I have created for this purpose.

I know I have a lot to learn, but I am sure with a little help from everyone I can collect the right information and hopefully explain how Prestashop is used for developing new designs and themes that will hopefully be of use to others and save them time. Of course, once this information is available from Prestashop, the site will likely become redundant, but until then...

Please let me know if you think this is a good idea or not and if you need more information, please point me in the right direction on areas I dont understand that I have raised on the website or if anything I say is wrong.

Thank you

OK, although intended to be helpful, Maybe this was a bad idea.

As I continue to learn Prestashop I realise what I write may be the opposite to helpful and may make me look a little silly.

I have removed the weblink and will use the site for my own tests alone until I fully understand Prestashop.