Friendly urls in 1.4.0.12

rudders18

Hi
Can anyone explain how I get the CMS page links to work with friendly url's enabled. I know I can setup a lot of pages via BO-preferences-SEO but the pages in the CMS block are not listed and everytime I open a bug request saying I think it does not work I get pointed back to the SEO BO page and teh bug is closed.

Thanks

Hi
I have found the problem I have to modfiy these two lines in the .htaccess file from:

RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /prestashop1412/cms.php?isolang=$1&id;_cms=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^content/category/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /prestashop1412/cms.php?isolang=$1&id;_cms_category=$2 [QSA,L]

to

RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /prestashop1412/cms.php?isolang=$1&id;_cms=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^content/category/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /prestashop1412/cms.php?isolang=$1&id;_cms_category=$1 [QSA,L]

The last number 2 had to be a 1.

This install is an upgrade from 1.3.6.0

Not sure why the wrongnumber should be there, I will investigate further plus I have added comments to my last bug report

I would suggest changing them to:

RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /cms.php?id_cms=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^content/category/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /cms.php?id_cms_category=$1 [QSA,L]

I'm pretty sure the isolang parameter isn't needed.....

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Presta changed too many working navigation basics on version 1.4. but it seems not taking into consideration that many user use only one language. I'm frustrated and angry too with version 1.4.0.17, although I was testing in parallel to my 1.3. the versions 1.4.X.

The problems that I'm having now, I didn't have in testphase (each testshop was on an online clone and made always by udating my cloned DB!). I will not update till 1.5. because day by day I'm finding new bugs in my version 1.4.0.17.
I'm a merchant and have not enough time for again and again repair things which where working on the version before.

Perhaps my post here help you to understand what happens and you can correct your linking. I'm using the changed linking in .htaccess and also made some changes in BO... http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-1697 and here: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-1670

Please also clear smarty cache and browser cache after any change....