Forgot Password: Validate Email Address

Seppi

Hi guys

When going to the "forgot my password" page in Prestashop, I first have to enter my email address. Can this email address be validated (is there or is there NO account with this email address)? So there will could be an error message, if there's NO account with this email address?

The workflow right now is:
Entering any email address » klick "send me reset link button" » an email with reset link is sent to the address IF there's an account with that address

The workflow I'd like is:
Entering email address that DOES NOT belong to an account » klick "send me reset link button" » error message because there's NO account with that address
OR (second case)
Entering email address that DOES BELONG to an account » klick "send me reset link button" » email with reset link is sent to the address because there IS an account with that address

Know'd I mean? Can this be done?

Many thanks in advance
Seppi

54 minutes ago, Seppi said:

Hi guys

When going to the "forgot my password" page in Prestashop, I first have to enter my email address. Can this email address be validated (is there or is there NO account with this email address)? So there will could be an error message, if there's NO account with this email address?

The workflow right now is:
Entering any email address » klick "send me reset link button" » an email with reset link is sent to the address IF there's an account with that address

The workflow I'd like is:
Entering email address that DOES NOT belong to an account » klick "send me reset link button" » error message because there's NO account with that address
OR (second case)
Entering email address that DOES BELONG to an account » klick "send me reset link button" » email with reset link is sent to the address because there IS an account with that address

Know'd I mean? Can this be done?

Many thanks in advance
Seppi

Hi Seppi,

of course this could be done, but it's a way of preventing privacy. For example, if I know your mail address, I could go to a PS store and click on "Remember password" with your mail address to know if you have an account in this store. This way anybody can't know if you have an account or not.

• 3 years later...