Payment going through PayPal but throwing error back to user as if payment has not gone through.

Hi folks,

I've recently noticed an error on my site where people who pay by PayPal receive an error message as if they have not paid however the payment goes through to my PayPal account. 

I have an open case with PayPal and with my hosting company but I think it's more likely on my end within prestashop. 

Steps to error:

Add items to cart - No Problem

Fill in details at checkout - No Problem

Click continue - Receive 500 error (in my testing - unsure if same with customer error)

Reload page - Payment processed and redirected to my website with the error

Error occurred:

Please try to contact the merchant:

<b>PayPal response:</b>

BILLINGAGREEMENTACCEPTEDSTATUS -> 0

CHECKOUTSTATUS -> PaymentActionCompleted

TIMESTAMP -> 2018-10-19T13:19:05Z

Then a lot of product detail and finally...

PAYMENTREQUESTINFO_0_ERRORCODE -> 0

Cart changed since the last checkout express, please make a new Paypal checkout payment Your cart is empty.

Other things to note:

* When recreating the issue I have tried to add a discount code so I don't have to pay as much for the products before refunding them, however when I get to PayPal it seems to ignore the discount code completely.

* Error logs show MailChimp error: The requested resource could not be found. url:  https://us13.api.mailchimp.com/3.0/ecommerce/stores/1/products/15 

I've looked through lots of similar issues on the forums here but can't seem to get the right solution for me. Anyone have any thoughts on the right direction to go here? 

Got the following errors below just on my homepage. So I removed both minicmailchimp and google shopping as I no longer use them. 

Unknown error on line 3 in file /var/www/web/modules/minicmailchimp/MCAPI.class.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MCAPI has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error on line 280 in file /var/www/web/modules/googleshopping/lib/phpseclib/Crypt/RSA.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Crypt_RSA has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error on line 82 in file /var/www/web/modules/googleshopping/lib/phpseclib/Crypt/Hash.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Crypt_Hash has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error on line 176 in file /var/www/web/modules/googleshopping/lib/phpseclib/Math/BigInteger.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Math_BigInteger has a deprecated constructor

Thought that might be it but when I went through the process again, when returning from PayPal to my website the following error was thrown up.

Notice: Undefined offset: 347 in /var/www/web/classes/PaymentModule.php on line 233 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/web/classes/PaymentModule.php on line 233 Fatal error: Uncaught Core_Foundation_IoC_Exception: This doesn't seem to be a class name: `Core_Business_Stock_StockManager`. in /var/www/web/Core/Foundation/IoC/Core_Foundation_IoC_Container.php:95 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/web/Core/Foundation/IoC/Core_Foundation_IoC_Container.php(157): Core_Foundation_IoC_Container->makeInstanceFromClassName('Core_Business_S...', Array) #1 /var/www/web/Core/Foundation/IoC/Core_Foundation_IoC_Container.php(170): Core_Foundation_IoC_Container->doMake('Core_Business_S...', Array) #2 /var/www/web/Adapter/Adapter_ServiceLocator.php(52): Core_Foundation_IoC_Container->make('Core_Business_S...') #3 /var/www/web/classes/stock/StockAvailable.php(473): Adapter_ServiceLocator::get('Core_Business_S...') #4 /var/www/web/classes/order/OrderDetail.php(471): StockAvailableCore::updateQuantity('15', '0', -1) #5 /var/www/web/classes/order/OrderDetail.php(635): OrderDetailCore->checkProductStock(Array, 2) #6 /var/www/web/classes/order/OrderDetail.php(675): OrderDetailCore->create(Object(Order), Object(Car in /var/www/web/Core/Foundation/IoC/Core_Foundation_IoC_Container.php on line 95

Unsure where to go from here, will continue to search for a solution but any help is much appreciated. 

34 minutes ago, IrishGuy said:

Further update, I have disabled CACHING in "Advanced Parameters > Performance > Smarty Cache" and it seems to have cleared up the issue. Not sure why this would have impacted it. 

Hi IrishGuy, you disabled Smarty Caching or 'other' caching?  if CACHING at very bottom which type?  Thanks, el

2 minutes ago, El Patron said:

Hi IrishGuy, you disabled Smarty Caching or 'other' caching?  if CACHING at very bottom which type?  Thanks, el

I disabled Smarty Caching although I didn't have Caching turned on down the very bottom. 

2 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

I disabled Smarty Caching although I didn't have Caching turned on down the very bottom. 

you will want to run with smarty cache so your job is not over...

What  is your  PS version?

What theme are you using?  if not default then you may want to contact the developer of theme.

some debug tips:  (smarty cache enabled to file system)  clear if modified

• using chrome developer tools ctl+alt+j recreate issue and see if any .js errors in console
  • on performance page you can disable 3rd party module and/or overrides, try disabling and see if problem continues.  This will help you determine if a 3rd party module or override could be causing issue.

I have enabled smarty caching again and it seems that the original issue has been resolved as it has allowed me to order without any errors thrown, however when going through checkout I changed the shipping address from 1 country to another, for the initial address Express Shipping IS an option and for the second address (the one I used) it is NOT an option, however when I changed the address it briefly shows Express Shipping as FREE (this was autoselected), once I selected the non Express option Express Shipping disappears. 

I tried this again and left the FREE Express Shipping selected, however when going to PayPal it added the Regular Shipping price and the backend system shows that it was regular shipping.  

13 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

I have enabled smarty caching again and it seems that the original issue has been resolved as it has allowed me to order without any errors thrown, however when going through checkout I changed the shipping address from 1 country to another, for the initial address Express Shipping IS an option and for the second address (the one I used) it is NOT an option, however when I changed the address it briefly shows Express Shipping as FREE (this was autoselected), once I selected the non Express option Express Shipping disappears. 

I tried this again and left the FREE Express Shipping selected, however when going to PayPal it added the Regular Shipping price and the backend system shows that it was regular shipping.  

uhm, I'd have to reproduce to understand your shipping setup as I cannot imagine it well enough to give help.  if you  could provide front office url and instructions to reproduce I'm happy to test.  you can send me a personal message with front office url and if you want me to review your shop setup also provide then admin login/pwd and link to login, again via personal message.

happy ps'ing, el