[Free Module] Cash on Delivery with fee PLUS PS 1.6-1.7

sakgiok

I've upgraded to 1.7.6.5

Now, When I want to configure your add-on, I get error.

<?php $_smarty_tpl->_assignInScope('value_text', $_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['fields_value']->value[$_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['input']->value['name']][$_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['language']->value['id_lang']]);?>

=== ERROR gone after I've disabled Debugg option ====

It would be great if it was a setting for maximum accepted sum.

Max  sum for COD - 1000 USD settings.

Edited by Courage2000
error gone! (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Great addon @sakgiok, thanks a lot it helped me much

I hope to find similar addon for shipping costs to be entered manually beforehand and then calculated based on some variables ( customer location, shipment size or value .. etc ), as I'm dealing with small shipping companies that doesn't have modules in my country.

Thanks and best regards,

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 4:48 PM, Courage2000 said:

I've upgraded to 1.7.6.5

Now, When I want to configure your add-on, I get error.

<?php $_smarty_tpl->_assignInScope('value_text', $_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['fields_value']->value[$_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['input']->value['name']][$_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['language']->value['id_lang']]);?>

=== ERROR gone after I've disabled Debugg option ====

It would be great if it was a setting for maximum accepted sum.

Max  sum for COD - 1000 USD settings.

Can you explain your suggestion a little more? Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Javier GF said:

Hi, I want to know where are all text lines that client could see. I want to changes them.

Thanks is advanced.

Try the Prestashop translation page. You can change the text even if the translation exist (e.g. for English).

2 minutes ago, sakgiok said:

Try the Prestashop translation page. You can change the text even if the translation exist (e.g. for English).

Thanks.... ago a lot of time from I worked with Prestashop.... I didn't remember this.

This module is great... all the best...

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sakgiok said:

My shop sell pastry, so I produce what I sell, mostly on request on this pandemic times.
Lets say the max value of the basket for that I will accept cash on delivery is 100 EUR.
If you put in your basket products of value mor then 100 EUR (101, 150, 1500 EUR), I do not want the customer to see COD option, as the value is too big/riscky for me.
I Want the customer to see COD option only below (=<)100 EUR.

You could this (if I understood correctly) by adding a new condition, setting the type of this condition to "MODULE DEACTIVATION" and selecting the appropriate rule from the Validation Rules (Apply when cart total value is: Greater or equal and value 100 EUR). This way, when the cart value is greater than 100 EUR, the COD payment method will be deactivated.

20 minutes ago, Courage2000 said:

I'll  take a look!

==

I'm back!

There are those rules in 1.7.6.5?

I cannot find rules for Payment, only for Shipping.

I meant to add a new condition in my module's config page.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a button at the top-right section, in the module settings, that reads "Reset COD Product". This is how you recreate the COD product.

Before that, make sure you have a COD product title for all of your languages in the appropriate field of the module's settings.

The product is added by the module, in case you use the method of adding a product in the cart to apply the cod fee. It doesn't show up anywhere else.

hace 34 minutos, sakgiok dijo:

There is a button at the top-right section, in the module settings, that reads "Reset COD Product". This is how you recreate the COD product.

Before that, make sure you have a COD product title for all of your languages in the appropriate field of the module's settings.

The product is added by the module, in case you use the method of adding a product in the cart to apply the cod fee. It doesn't show up anywhere else.

Thank you, i recreated the product. But is this necesary if i want to choose the option 

Intregration global:  Add to carrier´s fee  ??

I noticed on an order that i receive today that the fee wasnt added to the total..the COD was 0.00. It was working before..what might have happened? 

I have carrie´s fee and a percentage

No the product is not necessary if you use add to carrier's fee.

To see what went wrong, use the View Order Log button (top-right) and expand the log of the order you are interested in.

hace 1 hora, sakgiok dijo:

No the product is not necessary if you use add to carrier's fee.

To see what went wrong, use the View Order Log button (top-right) and expand the log of the order you are interested in.

Thank you, i just solved it! Seemed that it couldnt detect state. when fixed i got the fee in the total. Thank you very much for the help

• Thanks 1

Hi! I am using this module on 1.7.6.5 I am getting HTTP Error 500 at validation.  If I enable debug mode to see error the order validates correctly. Any idea what might me wrong?

If order is not validated the orders end up empty. 

THanks a lot in advance! 

Store Link: shop.tembo.cafe

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 15.53.44.png

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 15.54.17.png

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 15.54.26.png

I get this. Hard for me to understand. Seems to be something related to stock?

Mon May 04 15:17:11.523438 2020] [:error] [pid 28855:tid 140691317389056] [client 188.154.211.171:61027] FastCGI: server "/home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/.config/apache/shop.tembo.cafe/.fpm/php5.external" stderr: #5 /home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/web/shop/src/Core/Stock/StockManager.php(192..., referer: https://shop.tembo.cafe/comanda

[Mon May 04 15:17:11.523428 2020] [:error] [pid 28855:tid 140691317389056] [client 188.154.211.171:61027] FastCGI: server "/home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/.config/apache/shop.tembo.cafe/.fpm/php5.external" stderr: #4 /home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/web/shop/src/Adapter/HookManager.php(79): HookCore::exec('actionUpdateQua...', Array, NULL, false, true, false, NULL), referer: https://shop.tembo.cafe/comanda

[Mon May 04 15:17:11.523414 2020] [:error] [pid 28855:tid 140691317389056] [client 188.154.211.171:61027] FastCGI: server "/home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/.config/apache/shop.tembo.cafe/.fpm/php5.external" stderr: #3 /home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/web/shop/classes/Hook.php(907): HookCore::callHookOn(Object(Emagmkp), 'actionUpdateQua...', Array), referer: https://shop.tembo.cafe/comanda

[Mon May 04 15:17:11.523405 2020] [:error] [pid 28855:tid 140691317389056] [client 188.154.211.171:61027] FastCGI: server "/home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/.config/apache/shop.tembo.cafe/.fpm/php5.external" stderr: #2 /home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/web/shop/classes/Hook.php(355): HookCore::coreCallHook(Object(Emagmkp), 'hookactionUpdat...', Array), referer: https://shop.tembo.cafe/comanda

[Mon May 04 15:17:11.523398 2020] [:error] [pid 28855:tid 140691317389056] [client 188.154.211.171:61027] FastCGI: server "/home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/.config/apache/shop.tembo.cafe/.fpm/php5.external" stderr: #1 /home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/web/shop/classes/Hook.php(970): Emagmkp->hookActionUpdateQuantity(Array), referer: https://shop.tembo.cafe/comanda

[Mon May 04 15:17:11.523390 2020] [:error] [pid 28855:tid 140691317389056] [client 188.154.211.171:61027] FastCGI: server "/home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/.config/apache/shop.tembo.cafe/.fpm/php5.external" stderr: #0 /home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/web/shop/modules/emagmkp/emagmkp.php(349): Emagmkp->isUpdated('3254'), referer: https://shop.tembo.cafe/comanda

[Mon May 04 15:17:11.523374 2020] [:error] [pid 28855:tid 140691317389056] [client 188.154.211.171:61027] FastCGI: server "/home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/.config/apache/shop.tembo.cafe/.fpm/php5.external" stderr: PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::update() in /home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/web/shop/modules/emagmkp/classes/Traits/ProductTrait.php:131, referer: https://shop.tembo.cafe/comanda

Mon May 04 15:17:11.523335 2020] [:error] [pid 28855:tid 140691317389056] [client 188.154.211.171:61027] FastCGI: server "/home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/.config/apache/shop.tembo.cafe/.fpm/php5.external" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /home/clients/147370878c0ba4be61da4a39b839ee75/web/shop/modules/emagmkp/classes/Traits/ProductTrait.php on line 129, referer: https://shop.tembo.cafe/comanda

En 2/5/2020 a las 5:35 PM, Mireillelahoud dijo:

Thank you, i just solved it! Seemed that it couldnt detect state. when fixed i got the fee in the total. Thank you very much for the help

Hello again, still have some doubts

I am thinking of changing to add Cod product, instead of using the option of  Add to carriers fee (the reason is that i dont get the fee as details in the bill, and it confuses me and the client).

Do i have to activate the cod product or do any change in it? I tried applying it and it doesnt sum the tax correctly in the order....it is strange (my tax is the 21%)

And the last thing; What does the behaviour mean? i mean what is the difference between Add all matching fees or apply the highest in the list.

Once again, thank you for all the help

Hi @Mireillelahoud,

you don't have to change anything in the cod product, the module is doing all the work. You just have to specify in the condition that you want to add a cod product to the cart.

You can specify the tax for the cod product in the condition as well.

When a cod payment method is selected by the client, the module starts to validate all the conditions you have (in the condition list in the module's config). Depending on these conditions, there might be more than one that validates and produces a cod fee. The behavior entry determines how this is dealt with. So, either applies the cod fee from the first condition that is validated true (starting from the top of the list) or it sums all the cod fees from all validated conditions and adds the sum to the order (the other options for adding cod fee to the order, e.g. cod product or add to the carrier's fee, is taken from the first validated condition from the top of the list). 

En 8/5/2020 a las 7:32 PM, sakgiok dijo:

Hi @Mireillelahoud,

you don't have to change anything in the cod product, the module is doing all the work. You just have to specify in the condition that you want to add a cod product to the cart.

You can specify the tax for the cod product in the condition as well.

When a cod payment method is selected by the client, the module starts to validate all the conditions you have (in the condition list in the module's config). Depending on these conditions, there might be more than one that validates and produces a cod fee. The behavior entry determines how this is dealt with. So, either applies the cod fee from the first condition that is validated true (starting from the top of the list) or it sums all the cod fees from all validated conditions and adds the sum to the order (the other options for adding cod fee to the order, e.g. cod product or add to the carrier's fee, is taken from the first validated condition from the top of the list). 

Thank you so much for your reply! ok updated upon what you explained.

Yesterday i added new products to my catalog and somthing strange happened. It is adding the cod to the old products buy not the new...tried to see what the problem is, but cant find it😰

• 2 weeks later...

Make a test in the module config page to make sure the conditions are doing what you want. If that turns out as it should, make a test purchase and see the log afterwards (again in the module's config page) to see what exactly happened.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:42 AM, Ehsanai said:

Hi,

How to I can set order status to what that I want ( When I making order from BO )?

I saw the module config but it affected the FO.

Thank you.

@sakgiok Can you help me for that?

Hi @Ehsanai,

I don't think that the module works when you add an order in the back office. It doesn't calculate any cod fee, not it enders anything in the log, so I assume it's a completely different hook that is called when an order is set in the back office.

11 minutes ago, sakgiok said:

Hi @Ehsanai,

I don't think that the module works when you add an order in the back office. It doesn't calculate any cod fee, not it enders anything in the log, so I assume it's a completely different hook that is called when an order is set in the back office.

Thank you.

But I just need set the first order status on BO and the fee is not important for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sakgiok,

thanks for the modul. I am using it. As I added now a credit card payment solution I had to activate SSL. After activation the COD fee is not shown anymore in the shopping cart. On the invoice it is calculated correctly. I have tested it on a clean prestashop installation and could reproduce the error.

Prestashop 1.7.6.4

PHP 7.3.3

SSL Certificate: let's encrypt

After I did a little search I found the following error with SSL enabled:  "CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing"

I have attached a screen shot of SSL enabled and disabled.
How can I correct the error?

prestafehler1.docx

Edited by jarnold (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's your real issue... All the sites I've set up are working just fine with ssl.

Anyway, my module uses the Prestashop's getModuleLink function to get the link of the site to pass to javascript and load the content in the checkout page via ajax. If you don't enable SSL on all pages, this function will get a http link for the ajax call, but it will be blocked on a https checkout page.

And probably you should have issues with other modules as well, since this function is a common way to get the link of a module. Actually, the validation page, after you choose payment with cod, must be a http page, since the same function is used to get that link.

On line around 621 of the file modules\codwfeeplus\codwfeeplus.php replace the

$ajax_link = $link->getModuleLink($this->name, 'ajax', $parameters);

with

$ajax_link = $link->getModuleLink($this->name, 'ajax', $parameters, true);

• 3 weeks later...

I try to display customer message in the confirmation e-mail. I added the codes from https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/109873-customer-message-in-customer-confirmation-email/ to PaymentModule.php, but it works only with the standard bankwire payment. In case of COD Fee Plus the {message} variable is displayed in the confirmation e-mail instead of the message itself.

The mailalert module sends the e-mail correctly, it contains the message even if the payment made via COD Fee Plus.

What can be wrong?

Hi @Feri77

you have modified the default validateorder function, but when you use add to shipping integration with the cod module, the module uses a custom validateorder function. This custom function is in the validate_functions folder inside the module's folder.

So you need to edit the file inside this folder (depending on your prestashop version, if your exact version is not there you edit the next version before it) and add the modifications there.

Good Morning,

Thanks for your module @sakgiok. I can't get the amount reflected when you choose the COD payment method. The amount that appears is 0. I have tried to change some parameters of the module without result.

Is there a tutorial that can guide me?

I attach images.

Thx for your time.COD.thumb.png.7611d812ca0503971c1738e258fc909e.png

COD 1.png

Hi @NaturalShop1,

There isn't any tutorial, afaik, you can test the conditions you have at the module's config page to make sure everything works as it should. If everything is looking fine during the test but you still don't get the correct cod amount, you can make a test purchase having the logging function enabled (it should be by default) and check the purchase log (the icon with the eye top right corner) and see how the amount is calculated.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I use One page checkout (supercheckout) for my checkout - how can I display the fee on the summary, when the COD plus Fee is selected?

I think I need to modify the supercheckout.tpl, but I don't know how.

Also, the total needs to be updated as well (when you go on the next step, you'll see the total updated, which includes the COD Fee)

image.thumb.png.5b53523751786426fbb05a4103ac39ac.png

image.thumb.png.ba00361b78d3127b5cb00d296d27be57.png

Thanks!

Hi @pinguluk,

this is a paid checkout module, right? If yes, I can't help you since I don't have access to the source code of the module.

Generally, you need to modify views/js/front.js and/or controllers/front/ajax.php (of codwfeeplus) to get the data and inject it to the right place.

21 hours ago, sakgiok said:

Hi @pinguluk,

this is a paid checkout module, right? If yes, I can't help you since I don't have access to the source code of the module.

Generally, you need to modify views/js/front.js and/or controllers/front/ajax.php (of codwfeeplus) to get the data and inject it to the right place.

Hi @sakgiok!

Thanks for answering!
I've attached the module. Can you look into it and pinpoint me in the right direction? I'm a newbie with Prestashop and I can't understand many things.

Thanks!

Edited by pinguluk (see edit history)

Dear @sakgiok,

First thanks for the great module.

Could you please make another one just like it but for the shipping fees instead of COD fees? I'm not programmer so I don't know how can this happen but I think it will be relatively easy for you since you will only change which field the amount will appear and the mechanism will be the same.

I will be very grateful if you could do this for me as I'm searching for shipping fees module which can be adjusted the same way you made your COD module with no success at all.

Thanks and best regards,

Hi @kokorase,

Unfortunately, although it might look easy, what you're asking is a completely different module. Codwfeeplus is a payment module, the new one will be a shipping module. The new module should be built from scratch and although I can reuse some code from codwfeeplus, the functions it has to perform are very different.

I'll give it a look as soon as I have some spare time.

• 1 month later...

Sakgiok, your module is great! I have a question. Sometimes (approx. in one case from 20 orders) the module does not add the COD fee, although the conditions are satisfied. I attached a capture from the log. I highligthed with yellow that the choosen carrier is in the list. What can be wrong?

Capture.JPG

26 minutes ago, Feri77 said:

Sakgiok, your module is great! I have a question. Sometimes (approx. in one case from 20 orders) the module does not add the COD fee, although the conditions are satisfied. I attached a capture from the log. I highligthed with yellow that the choosen carrier is in the list. What can be wrong?

Capture.JPG

Can you copy paste the text from the entire screenshot? (both sections)

7 minutes ago, pinguluk said:

Can you copy paste the text from the entire screenshot? (both sections)

Integration way is add to carrier's fee.

Default order status is 3 - Előkészítés folyamatban.

Started checking with these parameters:

Shop: Csomagolóanyag, tasak, táska, zsák webáruház - Fellpack Kft.

Cart Value: 17 780 Ft‎

Carrier's fee Value: 1 511 Ft‎

Carrier: Normál kiszállítás

State: No state defined in cart

Zone: Magyarország

Groups:

Alapértelmezett

Categories:

Normál BOPP t.

Normál BOPP tasakok

Manufacturers:

Empty manufacturer

Suppliers:

Empty supplier

Checking condition with id# 3. Type: FEE CALCULATION

Condition doesn't have any countries defined.

Condition doesn't have any states defined.

Submitted carrier didn't match condition's carriers (Személyes átvétel ,Sürgős kiszállítás előre utalással ,Normál kiszállítás előre utalással ,Normál kiszállítás ,Normál kiszállítás ,Sürgős kiszállítás).

Condition doesn't have any zones defined.

Condition doesn't have any groups defined.

Condition doesn't have any categories defined.

Condition doesn't have any manufacturers defined.

Condition doesn't have any suppliers defined.

Condition doesn't have any cart value rule defined.

Condition did not pass validation.

Checking condition with id# 5. Type: PAYMENT METHOD DEACTIVATION

Submitted carrier didn't match condition's carriers (Expressz - Bp., Pest megye, H-P 15.00-ig leadott rendelés esetén).

Condition did not pass validation. Payment method will be available...

Calculating final fee to apply...

Applying the first condition that succeeded validation.

No condition passed validation so fee is 0 Ft‎.

Calculated fee value is 0 Ft‎ so integration way is not applied.

No conditions passed validation so order status is the default (3 - Előkészítés folyamatban).

2 hours ago, Feri77 said:

Integration way is add to carrier's fee.

Default order status is 3 - Előkészítés folyamatban.

Started checking with these parameters:

Shop: Csomagolóanyag, tasak, táska, zsák webáruház - Fellpack Kft.

Cart Value: 17 780 Ft‎

Carrier's fee Value: 1 511 Ft‎

Carrier: Normál kiszállítás

State: No state defined in cart

Zone: Magyarország

Groups:

Alapértelmezett

Categories:

Normál BOPP t.

Normál BOPP tasakok

Manufacturers:

Empty manufacturer

Suppliers:

Empty supplier

Checking condition with id# 3. Type: FEE CALCULATION

Submitted carrier didn't match condition's carriers (Személyes átvétel ,Sürgős kiszállítás előre utalással ,Normál kiszállítás előre utalással ,Normál kiszállítás ,Normál kiszállítás ,Sürgős kiszállítás).

Condition did not pass validation.

Checking condition with id# 5. Type: PAYMENT METHOD DEACTIVATION

Submitted carrier didn't match condition's carriers (Expressz - Bp., Pest megye, H-P 15.00-ig leadott rendelés esetén).

Condition did not pass validation. Payment method will be available...

Calculating final fee to apply...

Applying the first condition that succeeded validation.

No condition passed validation so fee is 0 Ft‎.

Calculated fee value is 0 Ft‎ so integration way is not applied.

No conditions passed validation so order status is the default (3 - Előkészítés folyamatban).

Let's debug this out.

Go to modules folder, codwfeeplus folder and open the codwfeeplus.php file.
Go to line 1192 and add this after:

$this->_testoutput_check .= "<div><p>Carriers: {$c->codwfeeplus_carriers}</p><p>Selected carrier: {$id_carrier}</p></div>";

It should look like this
image.thumb.png.17a4ed33c7548e672504cd2f903cfa0b.png

Then refresh the page and post a screenshot with the results:

image.png.bf47c982c6cdc1749bdce5c6d88bcfb1.png

I think the problem is that you got multiple carriers with the same name, but different id.
Go to Shipping -> Carriers and check for Normál kiszállítás.
Most probably, you'll find out that you got 2 entries of Normál kiszállítás, instead of one.

Edited by pinguluk (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
El 1/11/2019 a las 14:19, Roych dijo:

Hola gran modulo ;)

Tengo algunos problemas para mostrar la tarifa en tiempo real en el resumen del carrito al elegir el método COD. ¿Me estoy perdiendo algo o? Estoy usando  PrestaShop-a: 1.7.2.2. 

cart.thumb.png.05b0190eb2d863a7bb2459f223f7b1f8.png

Cualquier ayuda apreciada ;)

R

Cordial saludo compañero, me gustaría saber si ya le dio solución a su problema ya que a mi me pasa exactamente igual, Gracias

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations and thank you very much for your great work!!!!

I have translated to spanish all the expressions... but 'Cash on delivery' text continue appearing on confirmation page in payment method and in the email sent to the user.
How can I get it translated? may be I have to do some tunning in the templates or database?
PLease, hope someone can help me?

Thanks in advance

The module name that appears in the invoice and the email is set in translations, in the CODWFEEPLUS section (the first one) and the english field name reads "Cash on delivery" (the third field).

Changing that should be enough, no need to edit any files or database.