Products showing in both frontends with multistore..

Hi,
I'm setting up multistore and I basically want to have two frontends: one with all products, and one with only products from a certain category.
When creating a new store in the multistore settings, I can choose which categories I wish to associate with this new store. When selecting only the category I want (and the root folder "Home" because that's requried), it still imports all products into the new store (if I go to that store's dashboard and look at 'Products', everything is there..). In the frontoffice of that new store, only the category I want is there in the menu but all products, even the ones I don't want to be in there, are in the search function, 'new arrivals', 'popular products', etc.
Which is not what I want.. that frontoffice should only show products from the category I associate with it.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to make this work?

Hi there,

Your really looking for something called faceted search not a multi store.

Multistore purpose is different then what your trying to do.

Stick with the 1 store then what you do is enable Faceted search and your customer can then drill down with the top menu so to speak on your top level menu category and only see whats in that category or brand and all its children in the search module on the screen.

for example in production

http://prntscr.com/l626yt

Now if they want to see all products they hit the all products on the home page and get a menu like this

http://prntscr.com/l6279s

1 hour ago, jstillings1 said:

Hi there,

Your really looking for something called faceted search not a multi store.

Multistore purpose is different then what your trying to do.

Stick with the 1 store then what you do is enable Faceted search and your customer can then drill down with the top menu so to speak on your top level menu category and only see whats in that category or brand and all its children in the search module on the screen.

for example in production

http://prntscr.com/l626yt

Now if they want to see all products they hit the all products on the home page and get a menu like this

http://prntscr.com/l6279s

Hi,

Nope that's not what I want :)

I need one main store with all products and one other frontoffice connected to that showing only products of one category. To the customer it should look like a completely different store. There are numerous reasons why I want this but those are not really important.

For example I have categories 'T-shirts', 'Jeans', 'Hats, I want to be able to show all three in Store A and only products that are in 'Hats' in Store B. Store B shouldn't show any t-shirts or jeans in any way. Just hats.

In my current situation I can get it as far as showing only the hats category in the menu, but the search function, 'new arrivals', 'popular products', etc. will also show t-shirts and jeans in Store B. Which it shouldn't.

That will require you  setting up the multistore with  a completely blank home  and using that fancy section called database and create custom queries and linking them in the store a menu as links and store b menu as links. That is going to be a nightmare even for a guy like me.  Your search features  will straight up not work with this at all and you can probably disable them.  You might find a module that can do this if you look really really hard but I doubt it. This is not a normal request. Good LUCK!  /ducks out

8 hours ago, jstillings1 said:

That will require you  setting up the multistore with  a completely blank home  and using that fancy section called database and create custom queries and linking them in the store a menu as links and store b menu as links. That is going to be a nightmare even for a guy like me.  Your search features  will straight up not work with this at all and you can probably disable them.  You might find a module that can do this if you look really really hard but I doubt it. This is not a normal request. Good LUCK!  /ducks out

This request seems to me like it is exactly what multistore is used for.. showing different frontoffices with different products from the same backoffice.

25 minutes ago, jstillings1 said:

Good luck best I can do is point ya here, as what your trying to do is out of my expertise.  http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS17/Sample+Usages+and+Specifics#SampleUsagesandSpecifics-Dataexchangebetweenstores

Yup, had a look there but couldn't find anything... thanks anyway :)

Anyone else know what I'm doing wrong?