Reinstall from 1.7.4.2, retaining existing database.

I have two issues at the moment,

1/ 1.7.4.2 is not working properly, things are messed up, for example in admin I can only see twenty products and on the home page some images are missing. I believe this was due to the installation of the PrestsShop Mobile Admin Assistant app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pinta.prestashop.prestashopmobileadmin

2/ 1 click upgrade from 1.7.4.2. to 1.7.4.3 failed. It just stopped working during backup, no messages.

What I'd like to do first is reinstall 1.7.4.2 using the existing database, how do I do that?

Then, upgrade manually to 1.7.4.3.

Edited by MTNZ
An extra step I need help with (see edit history)

On 10/19/2018 at 11:09 AM, RockStar360 said:

That works properly??? Replacing ALL the database? It looks can explode in millons of problems.

If the old database was ok and you use the same PS version it should work. At least in 1.6 it does. But you should copy the encryption and cookie keys from the old installation. Otherwise your (and your customer's) password won't work.

Sure, the new installation may miss some of the modules and themes of the old. But Prestashop is quite robust for this kind of problems as it is often the only way to get out of problems.