Contacts - email not sent (no errors)

982302_1508427308

Hello,

Just installed version  1.7.4.3  (clean install) and contact form is working correctly, but the email isn't sent.

No errors are displayed, messages are shown in backoffice, test email is sent without problems but admin email doesn't receive the contact info.

Any idea about the root cause? Read several forum topics but all talk about an error message, that isn't happening in my case...

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I have this same problem, the contact form says the message has been sent, but nothing is received.

In the back office I can see the message listed under the bell icon in the top right hand corner but in the Advanced Parameters > Email window no message is listed. I have another Prestashop site and that works OK but it was an update to the latest version and not a clean installation.

This new site is a clean installation of 1.7.5.0

Can you send any type of mail? The test mail? The confirmations of orders? From another program on the same server?

If not it might be time to check for errors in the mail system in general (not Prestashop). If it is you own server you might look at mail.log in the /var/log directory. If you have a hosting provider you might ask them to check things.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

Hi

Thanks for your replies, yes the test email is sent and yes emails from orders are received.

The only problem seems to be emails that are sent from the contact form, they are not sent or listed in the panel on Advanced Parameters > Email page, however is you request a forgotten password that req

The only problem seems to be emails that are sent from the contact form, they are not sent or listed in the panel on Advanced Parameters > Email page, however is you request a forgotten password that request is sent and listed on the Advanced Parameters > Email page.

• 7 months later...

I am having exactly the same issue as described, on a new installation of 1.7.5.2  ... Did you solve the problem? Any suggestion? Thank you!

- Email configured to use php

- Test email works OK

- Normal order-related emails are going out OK

- Email sent from Contact Form ...

1) message "Your message has been successfully sent to our team."

2) message does NOT reach the configured outside destination.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:54 PM, odovobo said:

I am having exactly the same issue as described, on a new installation of 1.7.5.2  ... Did you solve the problem? Any suggestion? Thank you!

- Email configured to use php

- Test email works OK

- Normal order-related emails are going out OK

- Email sent from Contact Form ...

1) message "Your message has been successfully sent to our team."

2) message does NOT reach the configured outside destination.

I had the same problem after updateing from Prestashop 1.7.5.1 to 1.7.5.2. Somehow configuration was broken.

Check in your database if `ps_configuration` table contains 'CONTACTFORM_SEND_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL' and 'CONTACTFORM_SEND_NOTIFICATION_EMAIL' in name field.

You may use the next query:

SELECT * FROM `ps_configuration` where name like 'CONTACTFORM_SEND_%';

If they are missing, add them with the next queries:

/* USE YOUR_DB_NAME; */
INSERT INTO ps_configuration (name,value,date_add,date_upd) values ('CONTACTFORM_SEND_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL','1',now(),now());
INSERT INTO ps_configuration (name,value,date_add,date_upd) values ('CONTACTFORM_SEND_NOTIFICATION_EMAIL','1',now(),now());

Hello dtix,

Thank you very much!

The solution you suggested, solved the problem. Now, when a web user sends a Contact Us message to "Customer Service", that message reaches the configured email destination ("NOTIFICATION") - and the web user receives a "CONFIRMATION" email.

Sorry for the delay in my response. I need to turn on Notifications in this Forum, so that I will know when someone replies to my question.

All the best!