<SOLVED>Moving shop from sub directory to main domain - the proper way

Hey there, I am currently developing my site - I have used a sub director for the install - www.glhf.co.uk/pshop

I looked into redirecting the shop to my main url which is www.glhf.co.uk and i achieved this using this script i found in a forum post:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/18393/help_installation___upgrade/move_prestashop_from_subfolder_to_root/

Whilst this works I still have the /pshop in all my URL's and i would rather it not be there. So I am going to try and move all my stuff into the root. Can anyone give me a step by step how to do this - I am very worried I may break something in the process.

Is it just a case of copying my /pshop folder into the root and editing my PS_BASE_URI to '/'?

Any help would be lovely thanks :)

• 3 years later...

right.

I have moved all of my /pshop folder to my root - What is the next step?

Was the root empty to begin with? Make sure it was clean before you moved all the contents of that folder. Once you do that, you need to change the database in table ps_shop_url ... You should see a table field called "physical uri" with the /psshop in it. You should remove that and leave it empty and make sure the shop_url and ssl_shop_url are inputted correctly?

anddd, of course. BackUp everything before you start editing files or folders.