cart block does not compatible... what now?

artur.stasienko

I've upgraded to version 1.7.4.2 and cart check out didn't work. I uninstalled the cart block, and while reinstalling it got.

Error!
Cannot install module blockcart. The version of your module is not compliant with your PrestaShop version.

I kind of need people to purchase things from the site, and dont know what to do.

Thanks in advance!

If your using the classic theme in 1.7,4.2 it has a cart  called Shopping cart. If you installed a theme sideways IE dropped on server theme folder then activated it you probably loaded a buch of modules that are not good for 1.7.4.2

My suggestion is to backup the theme folder and  hit classic then reset which will hook all the modules correctly and your cart will be in Nav(1) upper right

Be warned changing themes in 1.7.4.2 will overwrite all your positions and hooking of modules.

Not to mention loose any CSS JS mods you did... still do not know why they were in custom.css and .js

BACKUP or lose it

The really bad thing is until you remove the other theme folder it leaves those bad modules installed and active cause the Classic does not know about them to remove them.

We purchased minimal and that one has a huge bug in slider if you move it or disable it. Missing Closing bracket so Be careful and back up your customs often and never mod the theme directly ever as every theme swap looses them all.

Edited by jstillings1 (see edit history)