AMP Knowband module crash test

mandrake

Hello everyone !

I just wanted to warn you not to buy this module because one of my friends bought it recently and it's just a daube full of problems. He contacted me and other people on this forum so I can see for myself that this module is not completed. Here is what I have to say about this module:

1) At the installation nothing complicated, everything happens normally. By cons notice in English more than succinct.

2) The trouble starts: the categories and subcategories are not created, the menu is a blank page. Worse, it's possible to create categories at the mano but when you have 400, it's a bit light as a system. Another detail that kills: I enter the name of a category (well-being) after saving it the name is truncated, the module has turned the "r" of the coup the name is displayed in "well-being" It's a first !

3) The images of the products of the reception do not appear, one is entitled to the beautiful image with the question mark.

4) Many product images appearing in the result pages are displayed as completely distorted. Not great to sell a product ...

5) The search field grows so much when you enter a product request that the "search" button disappears from the screen, not at all ergonomic!

6) The cookies banner no longer appears.

7) The module is not RGPD compliant, at least the version I had "between the eyes".

8) The category pages generated by the module are filthy: They generate dozens of page numbers above and below the images (also empty, with the big question mark) that appear on these pages. It is completely ugly, impossible to manage by the customer, anti-ergonomic, in short unusable. We feel that it was made to tear.

9) At the bottom of almost all the pages the word "Title" is displayed in bulk H1 followed by the word "text" in H3, followed by two buttons: "accept" and "close" followed by a big blank: impossible to know what it is, except that it is there and that one wonders why it is there. A "relent" of the cookies banner?

10) On the product page the combinations are not handled correctly.

11) The module adds a gaggle of buttons to social networks while these are disabled on the settings page of the module, still an oversight of the dev?

12) Uninstalling the module leaves crumbs in the database: still the big red that task, it is there we see that it is not very clean code, hello cleaning by hand!

13) Translations mean nothing more

I stop there the description because frankly I rarely saw worse as AMP version of a site, it's just good to scare customers. In any case this amp module may show faster pages on a mobile (that's for sure given the images do not load except on the product sheets) but it will especially the envy to your customers to stop, so it's badly damned.

So yes they have a demo on their site, but this is the only one you will see functional because they refused to show other examples under the pretext of confidentiality. Obviously they have adapted it to their sauce to sell.

I said that my friend bought the module directly on their site for 43.89 euros ttc (they sway discounts all goes, just ask) instead of 83.99 euros ttc on the addons. He had asked if the module was compatible with any theme, he was told yes. There is no point in it, it is that of Atchworks, only created with the original theme. It's almost as if it had been installed with the basic theme.

He contacts the support to request the refund of the module, but they persist in asking him for his admin and ftp codes to hack the module; He refuses since he does not want two-ball tinkering done on his site, and that may put the mess the day he will update prestashop. In addition to that there is sensitive data on the site, like the paypal API, the certificate of the bank, ... he does not trust and that's normal given all the sales pitch that we already have served by online chat. The box is in India so the day when there is a big problem difficult to turn against it.

He asked for the refund of the module after having uninstalled it and removed from his computer (logical, he will not keep such a stew). A guy at knowband.com who chat with him online confirms that he can request the refund of the module.

Except that today program change, support beubeus in India ask him for access. Now they want to be able to access via ftp the content of the site to check if the module is still in or not. We walk on the head.

So as my friend really feels they take him for a .., he asked us to speak in all honesty of this amp module that has only the name. Since I have noticed that this module is a stew that should not buy, I do not hesitate to report it to avoid making unfortunate.

And now if it does not like to knowband, it's not my problem. They do shit and they do not pay for it, whereas two minutes they agreed, they assume. And I think the criticisms about them are just beginning. There are AMP modules on the addons developed with seriousness and reflection that do not pose this kind of problem. And their competitors do not chort the buyers by assuring them that they have 500 testers on this module.

That's my friend, it will not make you 43 euros, but at least I hope it will make future buyers think!

I am sure that knowband will respond to this message with its big sales pitch.

In all they are now blacklisted in my agency, no question of selling this stew to my customers!

Capture_2018.09.29_18h30m29s_001_.jpg

Capture_2018.09.29_18h31m23s_002_.jpg

Capture_2018.09.29_18h34m20s_004_.jpg

Capture_2018.09.29_18h36m20s_005_.jpg

Capture_2018.09.29_18h37m12s_006_.jpg

• 5 months later...

A reply from Knowband would have been great.

I ended on this page because I wanted to buy some modules from them worth more than 500 euro and because I already had problems with modules/theme developers selling PS stuff, I said.. hey, wait a bit, let's see what people are saying about Knowband :)

We offer AMP integration services.  Be warned, AMP  modules work with default themes/modules....when we add new features to our shops, use short codes etc.....AMP module will not handle those situations.

Knowband are decent developers and they have a lot of different feature modules and are pretty fearless as creating an AMP solution is for other than default theme very tricky business.

We use prestachamps AMP module for  our in-house clients but I can share with you all,  a real AMP implementation on a feature rich is very time consuming which adds to AMP integration costs.  To be honest money is better spent using lighthouse and improving your responsive performance.

out of the box, prestachamps is maybe one of the better modules and they actually work with google amp developers on how to handle ecomerc but I even think they regret developing it as PS modules while maybe PS compatible may not be AMP compatible this is especially true if you use modules for attributes.

our integration of AMP costs 3-7k USD.....and the clients happily pay as they can see within their project all the 'real' work it takes.

so spend on improving on responsive performance and wait for google to 'handle ecomerce'.....there are now many holes, try to geo localize currency/prices/show tax inc exc...

it compliated lol

Cheers, el