Add Header and Footer hooks in custom page - Prestashop 1.7

pestos

Hi everyone,

I have recently started working on Prestashop and it is an amazing platform, however there are few things that i still cannot comprehend.

I have created a custom page using this tutorial ( https://iftakharhasan.wordpress.com/2014/04/05/prestashop-create-a-custom-page-without-cms ) and it works fine!

I can see the content and i can simply navigate to the url to view the page.

Unfortunately i don't know how to hook header and footer to this page.

All I need to do is to hook the normal prestashop header and footer of my current theme into this page. I don't know how to accomplish this as I need to create a landing page with some custom content in it.

Once I add the header and footer i would also like to know if it is possible to hook the Newsletter block to the custom page as well if possible.

I hope someone can help me with this

• 2 weeks later...

I too would like to know how to implant my PrestaShop store within my existing website. Our current header contains all the links to the construct of our farm website in a sidebar. The store is merely one link in our table of contents, and though it works flawlessly, its theme doesn't contain the weblinks or header logo I incorporate on our website. Some folks have drawn my attention to the fact that it doesn't appear to be a part of the same webpage as a result.

All the pages within our webpage call up the header with:

<?php
session_start();?><?php echo file_get_contents("html/header.html"); ?>

<div class="content">

individual page content

</div>

and runs within the header confines.

I've resolved the issue by adding a php file that references my PrestaShop as an <object> within the confines of the existing header... problem solved!

Edited by alpha
RESOLVED (see edit history)