Installing 1.7.4.x on invalid PHP version

Hi guys

I just tried several times to install ps 1.7.4.x on my server. It started everytime and aborted after a few clicks (after licence accept).
I found out, my PHP version is to low. I've only 7.1.1, but 7.2 is required.
So for other users, it would be nice, if you check the PHP version in the install/index.php

Probably do it like that:

$phpversion = explode('.', phpversion());
if ($phpversion[0] > 7 || ($phpversion[0] == 7 && $phpversion[1] < 2)) {
  echo 'php version 7.2 reqired';
  exit;
}

Would be nice! It saves hours! Thank you.

I have actually had more luck installing 1.7.4.2 using older php versions( 7.0, and 7.1) and fiddling with the file permissions to 0644 for files and 755 for dir. Granted once installed every click is like waiting  40 seconds per page load, but it does load eventually.

I have had about my fill of hosting not supporting a presta shop 1.7.4.2  install.  I can confirm that this one here does not work.

I went thru and set this up today out of desperation https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/prestashop.kickstart?tab=Overview

It fails to deploy and took over 3 hours to tell me it fails. Of course MS wants 100 a month to support Azure so I just deleted the resources. Useless!

About fed up with NUMEROUS hosts not working for installing PS 1.7.4.2

I have failed installs now on 4 different hosting platforms. Hostmonster - 500 error( solved with chmod 644 and chdir 755 ) Hostgator - 500( solved with chmod 644 and chdir 755 ) error IMH 403 errors NOT SOLVED!, Azure Fails to deploy! Support costs to much to call to even troubleshoot!

I grabbed the 1.5 and dev branches off git hub and I cant get either one to install  due a  pear error on any hosting.
We bought another VPS at imh and once dns catches up we will see if that one works. if it does not I will try https://www.tmdhosting.com/prestashop-hosting.html

I looked at bitnami's container package of prestashop but for the life of me i could not RUN the file on Centos.