Which SQL tables are needed to be exported ?

So if I want to just drop in the products, customers, orders, and messages from another Prestashop 1.6 database to another PS 1.6 site with a very similar setup, what tables would I need to extract ? I have done Customers, orders, messages, and addresses okay it seems, but products is not working, only coming out with price. Have I missed anything else that I should export and import apart from the below ? 1.6 to 1.6 database.

ps_address.sql
ps_cart_product.sql
ps_category_product.sql
ps_customer.sql
ps_customer_group.sql
ps_customer_message.sql
ps_customer_thread.sql
ps_orders.sql
ps_product.sql
ps_product_shop.sql

The complicated reason I am doing things this way is because I need to keep a custom theme in tact on a test upgrade site that I have worked on for months, that site has become 4 months out of date, so I need to export the order/customers/products database info from the live site to be put on the cloned site. I got so many bugs and errors that I had to fix that I do not fancy going through all that again while the site is closed. Being a newbie when I started work on the test site I had no idea I couldn't just import a database to get the latest info, I didn't realise the database came with theme info and other things as well, also that 1.4 was not compatible with 1.6 database. I am just trying to help someone out with their site, learning as I go, I realise this is a totally unorthodox method born out of necessity of a unusual situatiion.

So what I have done is another clone of the live 1.4 site on a temporary test location, upgraded that to 1.6, exported the database and then I was going to import just the needed tables in to the 4 month old 1.6 site. If I did a complete import then it will come with the basic theme from the temp upgraded site. Due to the sheer amount of bugs and custom changes made to the paid for theme I do not want to go through that again. Hence why I am just exporting certain tables, thus far it has worked fine other than the products. I now have updated orders, customers, addresses, messages and so on. So it wasn't totally moronic.

We are probably going to pay a pro to do this properly but I am just curious and interested as it is good to get some successful moments as a newbie when doing things, I learn as I go along.

Hello BlizzardUK, 

I removed the reference to the user who insulted you from your last post. The two fake identities he used were meanwhile banned from the forum.

This said, back to your problem. It makes sense to google for similar questions already discussed here, and for ready made PHP scripts, because there are some interdependencies to be considered, not to mention a number of data changes made between 1.4 and 1.6. Have a look into this: https://www.sitolog.com/en/blog/most-effective-method-migrate-site-from-prestashop-14-to-16-n3

My free Copy Shopdata script was made for that kind of things: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/445453-copy-shopdata-script-for-copying-shop-content-for-upgrade/

You can look in its config file to see all the tables that are copied.

There are really dozen's of tables that you need to copy. Some of the things that your list misses: all the _lang files, the image files and the ps-order_detail tables.

• Like 1