An empty string has been transmitted to getelementbyid() - Prestashop 1.7.4.1

Polgara

Hi,

It has suddenly become impossible to process any order from my shop : nothing gets added to the cart. The error message shown is "An error occurred while processing your request"

And the log detail for this error is :

Une chaîne vide a été transmise à « getElementById() ».

Which I think in English would be :

An empty string has been transmitted to « getElementById() ».

Does anyone has any idea for how to solve it ?

It used to work fine, and I really can't figure out what change I could have made... I have already restored yesterday database from when it used to work, but it didn't make any difference.

And when I try to create an order from the back office I get :

TypeError: jsonSummary is null

:(

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Polgara said:

Hi,

It has suddenly become impossible to process any order from my shop : nothing gets added to the cart. The error message shown is "An error occurred while processing your request"

And the log detail for this error is :

Une chaîne vide a été transmise à « getElementById() ».

Which I think in English would be :

An empty string has been transmitted to « getElementById() ».

Does anyone has any idea for how to solve it ?

It used to work fine, and I really can't figure out what change I could have made... I have already restored yesterday database from when it used to work, but it didn't make any difference.

And when I try to create an order from the back office I get :

TypeError: jsonSummary is null

:(

Any advice would be much appreciated.

This is the bug in PS 1.7.4.2,  You can found patch here from github : https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/9390  This patch is merged in the next release of PS1.7.5.0.

Best regards.

Hi dinesh badrukhiya,

Thanks for your answer.

Could it be the same bug, though ? The descriptions says : "Catch exception in ProductController, variable should be null if combination isn't found."

I have the same bug with or without combination products and yesterday it was still working fine.

What I have done just before the bug is choosing to use the cache for pdf invoices instead of memory. I don't know if that's what crashed it, but I since reversed this setting and then even deleted the cache, as an other attempt to solve it.

But no difference.

I am on prestashop 1.7.4.1,

Actually even the "quickview" does not work anymore : https://www.jozztek.com/helping-you-build-your-electric-vehicle/13-ebike-controllers

So it is all the javascript / ajax that's bugging.

Since restoring to a previous database backup from when it used to work did not solve it, could it be that my files are corrupted ? Can I upload them back to my server reusing my current database smoothly, so I don't loose everything ?

If I have to reinstall it once more, do you know when the 1.7.5.0 will be realised, so at least I get the latest one ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

10 hours ago, Polgara said:

Actually even the "quickview" does not work anymore : https://www.jozztek.com/helping-you-build-your-electric-vehicle/13-ebike-controllers

So it is all the javascript / ajax that's bugging.

Since restoring to a previous database backup from when it used to work did not solve it, could it be that my files are corrupted ? Can I upload them back to my server reusing my current database smoothly, so I don't loose everything ?

If I have to reinstall it once more, do you know when the 1.7.5.0 will be realised, so at least I get the latest one ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think Prestashop 1.7.5 will be release in october month.

I checked URL shared by you and found no issue with add to cart.

5b9cac809ad14_Screenshot_2018-09-15Cart.thumb.png.4962ff235768c55873ab8cc9397ca4e7.png

Hi dinesh badrukhiya,

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Yes, you are right, it got magically solved overnight. :D

I think the main issue must have something to do with the memory used, because it is like when I try to log in : in only works one time out of three. Most of the time it freezes...

Hope the 1.7.5 version takes that king of issue into account.

1 hour ago, Polgara said:

Hi dinesh badrukhiya,

Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Yes, you are right, it got magically solved overnight. :D

I think the main issue must have something to do with the memory used, because it is like when I try to log in : in only works one time out of three. Most of the time it freezes...

Hope the 1.7.5 version takes that king of issue into account.

Okay great, PrestaShop 1.7.5 is coming soon with great features.

Best Regards.

• 1 year later...