Prestashop1.7 customer password reset doesn’t work

Chandler123

We recently moved from Bigcmmerce to Prestashop1.7.4(Bitmani on AWS) , all the customers & Products data was migrated as well.None of our existing customers are able to reset their password to place any orders, we have to manually update their passwords , it's a horrible experience.
customers use the "forgot password" link and when they receive a system generated reset link to unlock their account,within 1-2 secs password reset link would expire. I personally able reproduce multiple times.

"The password change request expired. You should ask for a new one."

I also changed "Password reset delay" to 120 mins, so not sure anything else that I'm missing .

Shop Parameters -> Customer Settings -> Password reset delay

Any help resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

Chandler

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For me, the solution was this:

In my ps_configuration table, the id_shop_group and id_shop columns where NULL where the name column was 'PS_PASSWD_RESET_VALIDITY'.

This looked odd to me, so I changed both the id_shop_group and id_shop values to 1 (appropriate for my Prestashop configuration), and instantly the password reset link worked - no more expired links!

• 3 months later...

Sorry to resurect an old topic but tried asking elsewhere and no joy, having this problem too and can't seem to fix the issue even after having tried the fixes in this and another topic, anyone have any other possible solutions to this, any suggestions appreciated, recently upgraded from 1.6 to 1.7, managed to get customer log ins working as it appeared we had overrides causing an issue with passwords but ammended that file to include longer password which worked but no such success still with password resets :(

Managed to solve it by placing the following at the end of /override/classes/customer.php

'reset_password_token' =>        array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isSha1', 'size' => 40, 'copy_post' => false),

'reset_password_validity' =>    array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'copy_post' => false),

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi. I also had this problem. The recovery password link I got from e-mail did not work. It returned an error like: "The link has expired..." But I clicked on it after less then 30 seconds so it was impossible that the cause was that.

I did as TillyOak said before:

I added the following at the end of /override/classes/customer.php

'reset_password_token' =>        array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isSha1', 'size' => 40, 'copy_post' => false),
'reset_password_validity' =>    array('type' => self::TYPE_DATE, 'copy_post' => false),

I tried the procedure once more. No more "The link has expired error..." instead, after I entered the new password and confirmed it I got the error: Something went wrong and you could not update your password. My shop has Debug Mode ON. No error, no error_log created.

I don't know what to do anymore.
Please help. 

46 minutes ago, hokat said:

I don't know what to do anymore.
Please help. 

Only thing I can tell you is to stop trying to figure Prestashop out, the support just isn't here any longer, and we've since managed to get more functionality from WooCommerce (without paying a penny) which we plan to go live with this month and which has a massive developer following.

We've used PS for years, but 1.7+ just killed it for us, not saying PS is at fault, but when the questions are asked and the answers are either vague or non existent, it's time to move on,or at least it is for us, I'd recommend anyone having issues that can't be answered to do the same.   I've always said PS is a fine eCommerce system, but for us enough is enough :)

Sorry couldn't have been more help

Marko

Edited by TillyOak (see edit history)
  • Like 2