Sign in to follow this  
pietro

Moneybookers service review

Hi There,

I just want to ask other Moneybookers users about their service experience with them.

I want to use them for my PS store. I signed in but after a week my account hasn't been verified by them. I read other forum threads and it was supposed to take only two days. Perhaps the service here in the USA is different from Europe?

They advice you not to email them again or they will send you to the end of the queue. No body ever answers the phone. I am lossing hope that they will actually get to activate my merchant account.

I have read other non-PS forums and the Moneybookers reviews are terrible. Anyone had similar experiences bad or good?

Any feedback will be apreciated.

Pietro

Having exactly the same issue. Three emails and no response!!
Trying to get the secret word, or find out how to get it is like getting blood out of a stone.
Requested a postal validation and for this function the letter came promptly and my account was validated.

I must admit overall the service level is really poor. I'm at a point I don't know whether to progress or go with another system.

Prestashop needs to re-think their association, as its not good to have a poorly supported module being recommended by them.

Regards

Pinkloveshy

PS. Is this a common issue or have I just been unlucky? Happy to give moneybookers the benefit if others have not had these issues. Views please before I look elsewhere

Probabely that's why you have to pay for a setup with all the other systems. I'm also seriously considering not to go along with moneybookers since I'm having the same issues here as you guys. Send them 2 mails with no respnse. Acoount still not validated after a week and no link to the merchant tools section to provide my secret word. I'm sure ebay, skype and Thomas Cook did not have the same problems. Maybe even the only ones.

I have been using moneybookers on the site for about 5 weeks now so here is my feedback on their service.

1. It does take a while to get a response to questions via email, I certainly haven't received a response in less than 2 days yet to a question i have posed. And actually one question i asked them I didn't get any reply what so ever. My questions haven't been urgent so its not been a huge problem and perhaps if you telephoned you will get better replies but it does appear that they maybe under staffed on there customer services department.

2. Their verification process is much more involved than those of paypal or googlecheckout. As well as having to provide credit card, bank and address verification once you receive over 2500 Euro you will also need to provide a copy of your photo ID, certificate of incorporation for your business, copy of s utility bill, and print and sign there terms of use agreement and fees agreement and until you do that you can't withdraw any funds.

3. Unlike paypal or googlecheckout, moneybookers make you wait 30 days before you can withdraw the money that you receive. And even when your fully verified they hold 10% for 180 days to cover chargebacks or refunds.

4. I have yet to have any chargebacks so don't know how well there fraud screening is, once you are fully verified you can apparently apply for full chargeback protection where moneybooker will protect you against any chargebacks but i at current am awaiting for them to approve us for this.

5. If you refund a customer from the moneybookers admin interface you dont get back the full funds that moneybookers charged you for the transaction so if you get a lot of customers returning items bear in mind that every time you refund it costs you a bit of money.

This feedback may sound negative overall but there are things i do like about the moneybookers service, they accept a wide range of payment options without your customer having to sign up for the service, and there rates especially for prestashop users a very low even if you only do a few sales per month meaning more money in your pocket.

When i have used the service a bit longer ill give a bit more feedback hopefully on there chargeback protection offer

I have been using moneybookers on the site for about 5 weeks now so here is my feedback on their service.

1. It does take a while to get a response to questions via email, I certainly haven't received a response in less than 2 days yet to a question i have posed. And actually one question i asked them I didn't get any reply what so ever. My questions haven't been urgent so its not been a huge problem and perhaps if you telephoned you will get better replies but it does appear that they maybe under staffed on there customer services department.

2. Their verification process is much more involved than those of paypal or googlecheckout. As well as having to provide credit card, bank and address verification once you receive over 2500 Euro you will also need to provide a copy of your photo ID, certificate of incorporation for your business, copy of s utility bill, and print and sign there terms of use agreement and fees agreement and until you do that you can't withdraw any funds.

3. Unlike paypal or googlecheckout, moneybookers make you wait 30 days before you can withdraw the money that you receive. And even when your fully verified they hold 10% for 180 days to cover chargebacks or refunds.

4. I have yet to have any chargebacks so don't know how well there fraud screening is, once you are fully verified you can apparently apply for full chargeback protection where moneybooker will protect you against any chargebacks but i at current am awaiting for them to approve us for this.

5. If you refund a customer from the moneybookers admin interface you dont get back the full funds that moneybookers charged you for the transaction so if you get a lot of customers returning items bear in mind that every time you refund it costs you a bit of money.

This feedback may sound negative overall but there are things i do like about the moneybookers service, they accept a wide range of payment options without your customer having to sign up for the service, and there rates especially for prestashop users a very low even if you only do a few sales per month meaning more money in your pocket.

When i have used the service a bit longer ill give a bit more feedback hopefully on there chargeback protection offer

let me just add my 2 cents: approval here in germany was rather fast, not 2 days but less than a week. yes, they may hold money back and even charge for a withdrawal. but: there is no monthly fee as a PS customer, just the transaction fees (which are in line with other payment options). and they offer payment options (especially credit cards) you can hardly get elsewhere for 0 USD/EUR/[insert currency] monthly fee from someone else. and most important for me: they offer iframe options, i.e. customer stays on my site for payment and is not redirected to an outside website like google. in germany they even offer sofortueberweisung.de which as a standalone already costs 8 eur per months plus transactions. I cancelled that within the trial period and rather spend 1,80 EUR for a winthdrawal from moneybookers. so in the end, I like moneybookers.

Hi

How do you do a refund to a customer on moneybookers. I must be stupid but I cannot work it out.

Its certainly not easy to do

Someone who has achieved this please help

Best regards

Pinkloveshy

Can anyone help on this. I need to refund a customer an I do not know how to

Thanks in advance

Pinkloveshy

They are slow and very bad.

Tickets takes atleast 2-3 days, if you have follow-up questions it can take weeks to solve a problem.

They are totally incompetent

Don't use them

My review of MoneyBookers:

I was cold called by Moneybookers and signed up with them because their fees are less than PayPal's. I'm based in the UK and got approved very quickly. Everything went smoothly until I got the first chargeback. A regular customer of mine did not recognize the name moneybookers on her credit card statement and queried it with her credit card company (John Lewis) who then contacted Moneybookers directly asking for the merchant name (mine!). They didn't receive a response and wrote to the directly. This went unanswered and hence they decided to issue a chargeback.

I only knew about this when I received a charge back notice from moneybookers. I called my customer and she explained the above and paid me again! I wrote to moneybookers twice asking for my chargeback fee to be returned. They never replied. I tried calling, but gave up after waiting on the phone for ages.

My last attempt was making an official complaint to them in writing. That was back in April for a transaction that took place last December. To this day I have never had a reply to 2 emails, 1 email complaint and a handwritten letter of complaint. I was completely ignored.

Personally I felt like I was treated with utter contempt and removed Moneybookers from both my sites. It took me 6 months to get all the money out.

PayPal don't have a great reputation but at least they respond to emails and answer the phone and have a dispute process. Avoid Moneybookers at all costs if you value your business.

Well, my site has been approved; account active as merchant. Also have my secret word etc.

But aside from that the module is garbage. It does not work. FAIL!!!!!!!! Use Paypal & Google checkout. Thank god I activated those accounts first. Not much for me to scrap 'Moneybookers' seeing as how so many people are having the same issues I'm having.

I can tell you guys now- the Moneybookers operator says this problem is most likely do to the integration of the module with prestashop, and programming language of the module itself and NOT Moneybookers. They dont have a clue.

Just thought I'd clear that up :X

Well, my site has been approved; account active as merchant. Also have my secret word etc.

But aside from that the module is garbage. It does not work. FAIL!!!!!!!! Use Paypal & Google checkout. Thank god I activated those accounts first. Not much for me to scrap 'Moneybookers' seeing as how so many people are having the same issues I'm having.

I can tell you guys now- the Moneybookers operator says this problem is most likely do to the integration of the module with prestashop, and programming language of the module itself and NOT Moneybookers. They dont have a clue.

What version of the moneybookers module you using and what version of prestashop?

I have it successfully working with moneybookers module v1.4 and presta v1.4.0.17 so can confirm this combination works.

I do feel that christmascrackers point about it showing moneybookers on customers credit card statement could be a problem as unlike paypal or google, moneybookers does not by default put your merchant name on the customer statement. I contacted Moneybookers about this and they said they could put on my merchant name so it will appear on the customers credit card statement but it appears you have to ask for this as its not enabled by default.

Mine does not seem to work either it does not text customers there secrete code for order verification. It just sis at that screen, I have tried all browsers etc. FAIL .

Like many others, my experience is that it takes more than a month to get approved and several days for e-mails to get answered. I've signed up more than a month ago and I'm still waiting to get approved for a merchant account. This is definitely not a solution for someone who needs to get started with a business soon - to get a quick solution, try PayPal (almost immediately set up) or HiPay (a few days to set up).

Quick update:

After finally getting approved, the next problem is that withdrawing anything is impossible for another month. Also: after receiving EUR 2500 you have to fill in another stack of paperwork. I've disabled the Moneybookers module again. I first want to see if it will ever be possible to withdraw anything.

"Moneybookers: The hassle-free way to accept payments online"

One starts to wonder if the sarcasm in their slogan is intended?

I will never use Moneybookers again. I tried to withdraw 120 Euro into my bank account and I got locked and this isnt the first time I had done withdrawal. My total withdrawal is less than 500 Euro for the pass year as people still prefer Paypal or other payment methods. They wanted me to send a "Snail Mail" to UK with "Certified True Copies" of the financial documents. I have already verified with them twice within 1 year.

I have contacted them asking why I have hand them my documents again and been 2 months and no reply.

As much as I hate using paypal, I detest using Moneybookers.

Edited by Troy (see edit history)

My 2 cents:

Totally dissatisfied and still not verified. Verification process is not smooth at all:

First I supplied some paper scans (IDs, merchant inf and other what was required) - they missed 2 paged and reasked for information again )please remember, that it takes 2-3 days form their side to answer). Then some questions again, and days again. Then I've been asked to check my website that all the languages have the translations for terms/returns/adresses.

Addresses they have not found from first time - just emailed them again with the link. Then called and asked if they see it,

called and asked to check everything what they asked from me and if they received the answers: the person on the phone says: yes, I see, that I see, buit I will forward your email to our verification team.

Last week I called them and asked to tell what else do I need to be verified and list all the requirements in one mail, so I can check, prepare all what they need and will send and become verified.

The bad thing is I've several times asked them about "reserve" they want to keep: in default conditions it is 40days period before you can use your money. I have not received any answer except "your reserve will be lowered", and now I received the answer:

"The proposed reserve is a fixed reserve of 800 EUR plus a rolling reserve of 10% of each incoming transaction held for a period of 180 days"

For me it means, that I will always keep on their account my 8000EUR , and I totally disagree with that kind of terms even if % for processing is semes to be low, but in fact they still charge me 2.9%+0,19.

There is no any procedure described about when and how they switch to 1.9% if you have more than 1001eur / month turnover with them. e-mail with that question is unanswered from lat week.

For me seemes that MoneyBookers is good for small turnover untill you need to be verified - you keep on their account money for each transaction for 40days and get it with delay. But 10% and 180days for me is totally unacceptable - we have loand in banks with rather expensive %% and give it for free to someone is not acceptable.

Nowdays almost every Bank offer their Card pricessing and for small turnover it usually means that there is monthly fee - small, something like 10-20eur, one-time installation fee - about 100-200eur and really fixed processing fee for about 3%. Seemes that you pay more, but you can use your money almost immediately.

I'm totally agree with post #16: "Moneybookers: The hassle-free way to accept payments online"

They accept payments from your customers, but you cannot use it.