Migration tool module feedback from 1.62 to 1.742

Pr0t3us

Well, 

I need to make a resume, since 2 months of work for migrate my 1.6.1.14 to 1.7.

I'm not usually witting, but...need some sharing.

My server is a solution from OVH : VPS SSD 3 (2 vCPU 2,4Ghz, 8Gb Ram, SSD raid disks)

MigrationPro module, V5.4.2

First, I need to thank the support, who is globally there, but the migration to 1.7 is not that simple, and the solution not finalized in my mind. More, there is impacts from other modules.

I had the feeling to be used as beta tester for such a work, I have spent way more time to try to test, print screen, send, support, debug, fix, test, and restart the cycle than the cost of the module, I perfectly know some team cannot know all from Prestashop, and cannot know all modules.

But finally, I gave up and finish to fix lot of thing manually as this is finally more faster than having a new cycle.

- migration process unstable, for 1100 product, it fail more than 20 times, got 504 errors, even when migrating one topic by one topic (products, carriers, orders, customers etc). Support tell about server issue

- creation of +7.000 carriers, putting the server down

- multiplication of the areas used for carriers, take care when you are not erasing what is existing, making delta is not fine

- multiplication of the team accounts (same accounts re created), , take care when you are not erasing what is existing, making delta is not fine

- multiplication of the same VAT, take care when you are not erasing what is existing, making delta is not fine

- lost of products,

- corrupted images, 

- blank products created

- ghost products, only can be found from the pack they belong

- missing categories

- missing attributes,

- blank attributes created

- missing characteristics

- not compatible with RockPOS, I had to delete completely this module

- not compatible with Advanced pack, I had to rebuild all advanced packs

I think that's all...loosing my nerves, only for data migration, then you have your own issues, with your standard modules and themes :-)

Good luck for your 1.7 migration!