DHL module

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on the DHL module but it's very complicated to get an API key to develop and test the module.
So if anyone is interesting in this module and can get login and API key, could he please contact me by private message ?

Regards,

sorry, no API here so no big help but before nobody responds I wanted to let you know that I am interested in such a module. maybe you can tell already as of now which functionality is shall/may have once done?

phil

Hi,

It will dispose of the same functionnalities than UPS and USPS module.
I have the API so I know how to code it, I just need an account to test. If you are interested in this module, you will have to subscribe to DHL to get an account.

If you do this, could you send me your account by private message ? I tried to subscribe but I'm in France and it's very hard to get DHL account for webservices.

Regards,

Hi,

It will dispose of the same functionnalities than UPS and USPS module.
I have the API so I know how to code it, I just need an account to test. If you are interested in this module, you will have to subscribe to DHL to get an account.

If you do this, could you send me your account by private message ? I tried to subscribe but I'm in France and it's very hard to get DHL account for webservices.

Regards,

thanks, will check with DHL what I need and where to get such API, never heard about that before. Will let you know but it may take a while, too many things these days.

• 1 month later...

Hi Fabien,

our company is DHL customer and we are happily delivering domestic and international with DHL.

At present our website is based on a different and old platform and in the next months we are moving to PrestaShop, so this module would be very interesting for us.

As you understand, I am not allowed to give away our account details for security. I can offer to contact DHL tech department to explain about PrestaShop and that you are developping a module that would allow many more e-commerce customers to take advantage of DHL's web services. Then I can ask them to give you the documentation and open a test account for web services.

It can take some time to create a standard module that works for all websites because DHL offers many different services and uses different platforms. In other words, according to the service needed we have to log in a different website with different username/password !!

In addition, we have to understand if the DHL platform is the same worlwide or different from country to country. To my understanding, DHL was a major courrier in the US, few years ago was acquired by DP (Deutsche Post) and has stopped domestic deliveries with the US. So I am not surprised if they follow different procedures.

To finish, I offer to get in touch with DHL and get you updated documentation and test account.

Regarding the functionality of the DHL module, there are several ready for many courriers that I can not test. This is my wishlist for the DHL module:
- print DHL label automatically with name and address (and change it manually if necessary)
- add automatically (when needed) information for COD (cash on delivery) (and change it manually if necessary)
- print the AWB (AirWay Bill) in the invoice
- change the text of the DHL Shipment Notification (the automatic e-mail sent from DHL to the receiver with tracking information):
-- a custom fixed text created by the merchant
-- a text with variables to custom the message from the merchant (variables such as order number, delivery address and COD memo when applicable)
- create a simple dashboard containing:
--- monthly statistics of parcels sent domestic
--- monthly statistics of parcels sent international
--- list of orders and next to it the AWB with link to check delivery status when customers call for updates (this is most important feature)

Feature of my dreams: an SMS with tracking info directly to the customer :-)

What is your opinion about my wishlist? Can we leave the discussion open to other merchants to understand their needs? What is available in the modules for other courriers?

Actually DHL collect our parcels from providers and delivers to us or directly to our customers. Probably that kind of request is not standard and could be the next step.

Fabien, please let me know what you had in mind for the DHL module and if you are interested in a test account.

Thanks
Navid

Hi navid68,

I will very pleased if you could get me DHL test account.

Currently, the project is only having a module which will be able to get the right delivery cost in the cart, but we can think about others features as statistics. I'm agree to let the discussion open to know what the others merchants are expecting.
Your wishlist help me a lot even if I can't say we will do all wanted functionnalities (for the sms part, there is already a module for sms notification with tm4b).

The others natives modules such as Fedex, USPS and UPS, are only calculator for delivery cost (for the moment).
Some functionnalities like UPS delivery status are not natives modules : http://addons.prestashop.com/en/shipping-logistics/1504-ups-delivery-status.html

Thanks for your help and your time !
I hope others merchants will post here.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Fabien,
are you still developing module for DHL Shipping?
I really interested to have one and I'm trying to register on DHL service. Soon after I have the detail account you need, I'll PM you.

Thanks
Kesit

• 1 month later...

Hi Fabien,

at the end of March I forwarded you the documentation (DHL Atomic Web Service Guide V1.0 and DHL Customer Web Service Developer Guide V1.0b) received from DHL Italy.

Can you share with us about the progress of the DHL module?

Thanks
Navid

• 1 month later...

Hi Fabien..

Also i am very interested is this module, but have seen you haven't post here for a while.

Are you still working on it, is it finished, or did you 'gave up' on it?

Like to hear about the progress..

Greetings,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Fabien,

our company is DHL customer and we are happily delivering domestic and international with DHL.

At present our website is based on a different and old platform and in the next months we are moving to PrestaShop, so this module would be very interesting for us.

As you understand, I am not allowed to give away our account details for security. I can offer to contact DHL tech department to explain about PrestaShop and that you are developping a module that would allow many more e-commerce customers to take advantage of DHL's web services. Then I can ask them to give you the documentation and open a test account for web services.

It can take some time to create a standard module that works for all websites because DHL offers many different services and uses different platforms. In other words, according to the service needed we have to log in a different website with different username/password !!

In addition, we have to understand if the DHL platform is the same worlwide or different from country to country. To my understanding, DHL was a major courrier in the US, few years ago was acquired by DP (Deutsche Post) and has stopped domestic deliveries with the US. So I am not surprised if they follow different procedures.

To finish, I offer to get in touch with DHL and get you updated documentation and test account.

Regarding the functionality of the DHL module, there are several ready for many courriers that I can not test. This is my wishlist for the DHL module:

- print DHL label automatically with name and address (and change it manually if necessary)

- add automatically (when needed) information for COD (cash on delivery) (and change it manually if necessary)

- change the text of the DHL Shipment Notification (the automatic e-mail sent from DHL to the receiver with tracking information):

-- a text with variables to custom the message from the merchant (variables such as order number, delivery address and COD memo when applicable)

--- list of orders and next to it the AWB with link to check delivery status when customers call for updates (this is most important feature)

What is your opinion about my wishlist? Can we leave the discussion open to other merchants to understand their needs? What is available in the modules for other courriers?

Actually DHL collect our parcels from providers and delivers to us or directly to our customers. Probably that kind of request is not standard and could be the next step.

Fabien, please let me know what you had in mind for the DHL module and if you are interested in a test account.

Thanks

Navid

Any update about this topic? I need a dhl module... any comments??

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are looking into a DHL module, and hope to have something in the coming month or two.

Hi Tomer. Great to read that you are looking into this. As it promises to become yet another quality module. I really hope you can make it work. I will be more than happy and willing to spend 75$ for such a module. Let me know if you need help or a beta tester.

Best

Phil

BTW, ignore my signature. We are right now updating to PS1.4.8

Edited by Pippo3000 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi Fabien,

Thanks

Navid

Any news about this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

We should have a first beta later this week, if anyone is interested in becoming a beta tester (and get 20% off the module price), send me a PM

As you can see, you need to be aware about what the image (IMG_29082012_144631.png)

says. (US origin Based Only). People like me wont be able to use the shipping module unless dhl fix that problem.

As for the other thing...

my shipping module is done, and works correctly with a US account. If you wish i can sent you images of the configuration page of the module and how it is shown on the carrier tag.

Good luck.

post-184562-0-60412700-1346432597_thumb.png

@xmax316 I don't know how old that image is, but our DHL module is working just fine from international countries to domestic + international, As well as from the US.

Here's a screenshot of a package from London to Manchester http://screencast.com/t/uPkxBCdyVP

Another from UK to France (Paris) http://screencast.com/t/eeTq7I5wM

If anyone else is interested in becoming a beta tester (by getting a copy or testing on our demo site), PM me or use https://www.presto-c...m/en/contact_us

@xmax316 I don't know how old that image is, but our DHL module is working just fine from international countries to domestic + international, As well as from the US.

Here's a screenshot of a package from London to Manchester http://screencast.com/t/uPkxBCdyVP

Another from UK to France (Paris) http://screencast.com/t/eeTq7I5wM

If anyone else is interested in becoming a beta tester (by getting a copy or testing on our demo site), PM me or use https://www.presto-c...m/en/contact_us

I am glad you post those images, i feel happy now, becuase i can see your module is totally different

to my module. But i am very sad because you took almost 2 years to do that module, well to make your mind and do it. This is because i did start my module by July 2012, spend too much money and the only problem we have it is that the account from my country is not recognize by the xml server. But for the rest, it works fine as i told you before.

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD WORK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ! Could you improve your module ? Most of my customers have their own dhl account number. So i will have one account per customer. How can i create it on prestashop ? I want to offer exworks incoterms. Morever i will use drop shippement , shipping directly from the supplier. Can you help me please ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

No, we do not.

Hopefully in the next month or two.

that would be cool. I have my fixed DHL business rates so we do not need the online rate function. All I need is to transfer the delivery address data (together with a referral like oder number) and weight to DHL Intraship. Is that what you intend to provide? Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...