PayPal & BrainTree official module isn't working on PrestaShop 1.7.4.2

MrTini

Added Paypal & BrainTree module on my PrestaShop 1.7.4.2, after succesfull installation i tried to configure it and it gave me an error. How to solve it?

Here's what it says:

Notice: Undefined index: links in /var/www/html/businessLogic/connected6.php on line 122

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/businessLogic/connected6.php on line 122

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /var/www/html/businessLogic/connected6.php on line 141

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/businessLogic/connected6.php on line 141

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /var/www/html/businessLogic/connected6.php on line 141

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/businessLogic/connected6.php on line 141

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/10/2018 at 6:22 AM, parano91 said:

Yes, Nobody can help us .. I have contacted developer of the module paypal, prestashop .. nobody can help us ..

Hi, you need go to the "Configuration" in the Paypal module, and activate the option that say "Activate test environmet".

Is posible that you are using the localhost and not a hosting.

I got the same issue with a PayPal module that I have downloaded from another website. If you use the PayPal module which is in the tab "Selection" this error disappear but you get another one instead when you turn the Sandbox option on.

When you turn Sandbox option on, the PayPal option disappear from the checkout page in the frontend so you can't try your Sandbox account. And in the backend you get this error: "An error occurred. Please, check your credentials Paypal." in the configuration tab, but the credentials are correct, so I don't know what is happening. If you turn off again the Sandbox option you get this new message: "Tu cuenta PayPal está conectada correctamente; ya puedes recibir pagos", but you can't try to checkout with your Sandbox credentials of course. Any help?

The module call 

$response = "https://partners-subscribe.prestashop.com/paypal/request.php?".http_build_query($partner_info, '', '&');

which goes on error (see the first post of thread) sometimes (I'm investigating)...

I think that the problem doesn't appear if you Active the module the first time with Sandbox to ON.

Next if you set Sandbox to OFF  you get the error of @zoomwi that you can resolve in this way:

Go to

PREFIX_configuration

table, find: 

- `PAYPAL_MERCHANT_ID_SANDBOX`
- `PAYPAL_USERNAME_SANDBOX`
- `PAYPAL_PSWD_SANDBOX`
- `PAYPAL_SIGNATURE_SANDBOX`

and update the values. 

NB:  in PAYPAL_MERCHANT_ID_SANDBOX insert the value of PAYPAL_MERCHANT_ID_LIVE

• Thanks 1

Thank you Davide! It is working now! I really appreciate your help :)

I have uninstalled the module and reinstalled it with the SandBox option activated, and I get the error metioned by MrTini, so this option doesn't work.

So I edit the PayPal fields in the database and this works perfectly. I get the values of the fields from the profile of my bussiness account here https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/.

I'm having similar issues. Thanks to Davide, I can manually enter values in the configuration database, but then I get 

"You do not have permissions to make this API call", which makes me think I don't have the correct credentials.

I suspect I don't have the right API settings. Paypal seems to offer three different APIs and the terminology isn't quite the same as the records in the configuration database.

Which API should I use?

2 hours ago, ksaan said:

Hi, got same issue and I saw this issue has been investigated and solved on github: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/11323 😉

if you turn ON Sandbox mode, the problem still appears. I updated the issue on github

EDIT:  If you come back after the error and retry, now works good but persist the problem that the module doesn't update PAYPAL_%_SANDBOX configuration

Edited by Davide (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

suggestion, if you have paypal question, open new topic in General.  this topic has many 'same problems' but they are not the same. 

always open a new topic for your specific issue, else very few will ever see your post.

is there a module that supports migration from your old platform to PS?  maybe they support link migration...

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello everybody,

I am dealing with similar problems on Paypal module. Practically,  the first time, I tried to activate Paypal service (no Braintree) without the flag for sandbox but I didn't want to complete it. So I found a manual as a user guide for the configuration of the module, and I tried to follow it. I activated the Sandbox flag and then I tried to login and associate my sandbox account with the Business profile.  When I click on Authorize button to provide information for Paypal API and I come back to Prestashop, I get a 500 Internal Server Error but the data in the request are correct. Could it be due to the use of localhost and not a production server (hosting for example)?  there is a screenshot of the results of the request at Paypal in attachment. I tried also to update manually the fields into DB but it hasn't solved my problem yet.  Thanks a lot for your reply and support

ErrorPaypalPrestashop.png

• 5 months later...