Email is not working PS 1.7.4.2

peranders

PS 1.7.4.2

I'm using PHP mail and when I installed all parameters were OK, still email doesn't work.

Nothing is shown what is wrong. Any hint where to look?

PHP 7.2.9

info_outline Check your configuration

Required parameters: Please fix the following error(s)

Optional parameters: OK

I get this also, any hint? This is generated when I change order status.

Unknown error on line 38 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/modules/gamification/classes/GamificationTools.php

[8192] Function create_function() is deprecated

Unknown error on line 39 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/modules/gamification/classes/GamificationTools.php

Unknown error on line 40 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/modules/gamification/classes/GamificationTools.php

Unknown error on line 41 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/modules/gamification/classes/GamificationTools.php

Unknown error on line 42 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/modules/gamification/classes/GamificationTools.php

Unknown error on line 38 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/modules/gamification/classes/GamificationTools.php

Unknown error on line 39 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/modules/gamification/classes/GamificationTools.php

Unknown error on line 40 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/modules/gamification/classes/GamificationTools.php

Unknown error on line 41 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/modules/gamification/classes/GamificationTools.php

Unknown error on line 42 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/modules/gamification/classes/GamificationTools.php

Unknown error on line 872 in file /home/sjostrom/public_html/cart/classes/Mail.php

[8192] idn_to_ascii(): INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_2003 is deprecated

The problem is fixed. In the PS 1.6 you can write a fake email in the footer for spam protection and this will end up in a correct "from" address in the email but in the PS 1.7 it seems that this from email is picked from the store email. This fake email is something that PS or PHPMAIL doesn't like.

Does anyone know if PS has any email cloaking for spam protection like Joomla has?   

Skärmavbild 2018-09-06 kl. 18.59.21.png

• Like 1

If you use Joomla with this function enabled you can write an email address anywhere in the text and the email will be visible but it will be impossible for spam bots to pick it up.

In the PS 1.6 it seems that the footer email and the "from" email came from different locations which is not the case with PS 1.7.

9 hours ago, nataraj03 said:

Yes Error log is on. I tried new installation on the same server and in a different server. In the same server the mails are not going. But in the other server mails are working. I even checked the ports but nothing seems to be working.

Try to use PHP7.0 or PHP5.6
If you want me to check out myself whats the issue PM me access to your BO/FTP.
The problem is not PS1.7.4.2 as I have made 3 sites with that version with no problem with email. So most likely is your configuration (that it works on PS1.7.3 does not mean that it will work on PS1.7.4 the jump from these versions was huge)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Upgraded from 1.7.5.2 to 1.7.7.4. PHP version 7.3. No error logs. Just no emails are sent. When trying to send a test email from back-end > advanced parameters > emails the server drops and returns after 15 min.

• 2 months later...

You could always reemplace contact page thru a custom html form.

We do that for wordpress sites as the contact form 7 is often abused.

@peranders

On 5/17/2021 at 6:13 PM, saniaja said:

Same problem. Tried to send a test email from Contact Form on a website.. Server died.. Resumed after 15min

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

• 2 months later...