Error 500 in BO after clean install

Hi

So the 1 click upgrade broke my e-shop while upgrading from 1.6 to 1.7.4.2 (the theme didn't load anymore and everything was a mess and as I forgot to make a copy of the database, it didn't restore properly) I decided to start over with a clean copy with new database added to it.

1.7.4.2 installs properly but after the installation, in BO after login it gives me the Error 500 and at the FO it says error 500 too many redirects. I've tried to google and find some posts from here as well, but didn't find anything.

Some from the older posts say that error 500 at the BO in the clean install means that the index file is corrupt, but I didn't find a solution to it.

Tried with clean installs with changing the installation languages to ENG and location to either UK or USA, still same issue as with my native languages (EST, Estonia)

Help. Please B)

Hi

Thanks! Found a solution for myself.

When installing, it prompted 3 error messages for php, which didn't stop me to install it on the server.

Have to set short_tags and session.auto_start to no, mine were by default yes. 

Prompted another error as well: intl icu is out of date, but I'm not able to update it myself via cPanel. This has to be done by the provider in my case. 

That error is related to installing prestashop in your native language. 1.7.4.2 is using updated php intl version, but some of the providers are still using the older one, since 2015. I was able to install in English with this error and later I was able to use the localization at the BO to go to my native language.

Then the threaded never-ending loop occurred for the FO. Putting every site to SSL (BO -- Shop Parameters -- General) stopped the loop (thought to add this part here as well).

Thanks!

Usually the error 500 is hosting problem, if you have access to the cpanel, enter in php selector check the extensions atmbien it is good to extend the maximum execution value in my case to 60, or reduce it if it is very high, change the version of php And try again I did it and I worked

Notepad++ Malwarebytes FileZilla

Edited by bitolpav100 (see edit history)