Size chart popup

matmatoo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So are you just trying to have something that pop up that shows the size chart? Or are you looking for a pop up that is interactive... like you can select the size and what not... like the attribute selection in a popup?

To accomplish the latter would require a lot of modifications, is quite difficult, and out of my scope of knowledge.

However, if you just want a chart to pop up for reference purposes... that might be a little bit easier. Why don't you just create the chart as an image or just list it into a CMS page.... then place a link on you product page (product.tpl) that links to the CMS page or the hosted image... and then use thickbox to pop it up, like how your images react when you click on it.

I was planning on doing somethign like this for a color chart for our site, but haven't had the time look into this. It's a low priority for me at the moment. If this is what you are looking for, I could look into it this weekend. No guarantees.

HTH!

Just followed that link from your first post... I'm guessing that's not your site, or a PS site for that matter. Clean site however. If that is what you are looking for I think that lines up with what I am also trying to do as mentioned above. I'll try to take a stab at it this weekend.

Hi,

After a little brainstorming, I realized that I had implemented something very similar for one of my other sites a while back. So after a quick look at the code and a quick modification here is what I've got. You will need to edit /themes/prestashop/product.tpl. You can place this code where ever you would like it to appear... but personally I ended up placing it right below the product information block (right below the Add to cart buttons). Mine ended up being after the </form> tag on line 320.

Not sure? Click here for {l s='Color Chart'}.

Also, this will create a small block/box... it replicates the border/box of your short descriptions. Usually your short descriptions will appear at the top of this right column above the price and attributes, etc. That is why you can move this block of code to where ever you would like this block to appear. If you are just interested in the text and link, just omit the div tags, and copy and paste the inside code to wherever you want it to appear.

To make this work I first created a CMS page through the BO, alternatively you could use an image file hosted on a different domain, or better in the img folder of your root directory or theme folder. If you go the CMS route (which I think is better since you can easily modify it's content and also upload images to it) you will need to replace 'XX' after id_cms= to the id of the CMS page you want to appear. If you want to use a hosted image you can change

{$base_dir}cms.php?id_cms=XX

after the a href tag to the url of the image. Alternatively, you could also point the line to a different folder within your PS installation... ie. change {$base_dir} to your img or theme/img directories and then define the image's name.

You may want/need to tweek the CSS a little bit to liking. We are using a custom theme so my line numbers may be slightly different, and we edited the div id in the global.css file. And finally, you can modify the size of the thickbox to your liking by modifying the width and height values in the code.

Try it out and let me know how it works out.

HTH!

Hi all,

I used that solution: http://javascript.internet.com/miscellaneous/popup-div.html. It works, but there is no animation when the popup open and close... if someone can help me this animation it would be perfect!

@mytheory, for your solution, the animation is defined on the css file?
What do I have to do in my global css to get the result wanted?

Thanks in advance!

Cedrick

Hi,

Honestly, I haven't looked at that link you provided... but guessing it utilizes javascript. If the solution isn't working properly or at all this is probably due to a javascript error. Because PS uses a lot of javascript components, if they aren't programed to compliment each other they will have the opposite effect. They will cause each other to break, or one script will execute but cause an error on the other one. I've had this issue when adding various modules (usually slider modules) for some reason sometimes they play nice together... and I have to wait until somebody fixes the program or I just have to abandon one. Either way it's out of my scope of knowledge.

I think the thickbox code is within the js folder. I'm not able to log into my FTP to verify this. Either way the code utilizes the already used thickbox feature so you shouldn't have to modify that code. I just used the global.css file to modify the look and feel of the box, text, link, etc. Nothing to do with thickbox itself. My site is heavily modified so I'm not 100% sure.

HTH!

• 1 month later...
edit your product.tpl
Put a link on an image and plugin zoombox!
That's all

It's very easy

Darling Gaz,
Please upload the script zoomboz.js and product.tpl
And if possible. How to make that text: "Not sure? Click here for Size Chart" correctly was been shown in Russian if Russian Buyer and in English if a buyer from other Country. Please help me.
Thank you very much.
Zarema

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I would like to do something similar but I need to link a popup window from the TINYMCE editor as in my website I have many description for each products.

I really need help on this I have been trying for many days to implement a nice popup window from links from the TinyMCE. I right now only can make the ugly popup thats implemented with the tinymce but would need the pretty javascript one.

Thanks

Is this possible ?

Thanks

I would like to do something similar but I need to link a popup window from the TINYMCE editor as in my website I have many description for each products.

assign css classes to popup link and popup content, for instance

<span class="popup_link">popup link</span>
<div class="popup_content hidden">size table ...</div>

then add to your theme javascript the code for binding popup widget to class popup_content and clik event to popup_link