Best way to add semi-custom items to a store

Hi Folks,

I have been tasked with trying to set up the following products on an already very strained product DB. My boss would like to sell cut out vinyl lettering in an immense amount of colors, sizes, fonts. We are a Danish company so that means that all those combinations are multiplied by 29. This is way too many for our combo module and almost impossible if done manually. 

Is my best bet one of the "Product Customization" mods? Is this more efficient on the DB or am I completely ignorant here?

Thanks for any help.

Zed

Hi, here is from search 'prestashop addons customize product'

you need  to look through existing module eco to find something that will fit your needs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=prestashop+addons+customize+product&oq=prestashop+addons+customize+product&aqs=chrome..69i57.7331j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

Yeah that does not answer my question. I too can use Google and did before I posted this.

My main question is will on of these "product customization" modules my best bet with respect to keeping the DB optimized. I have large issues already with slow DB. If one of these modules will not help that then I will need to find another solution. I will not buy yet another Presta mod to just to find it does not do what it is supposed to.

you really did not supply enough information for community to give specific answer, nor did I know you looked already at modules....so not sure how to help you out as I don't know what  door you came in.  Maybe you are here just to vent, that's fine to.  

db optimization can be done at mysql level....most often it's poor hosting, it's much cheaper overall to have fast hosting than it is to try and fix some appl. 

happy you know how to use google....

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

You are very right about the problem usually being poor hosting. That is definitely the problem here but the boss will not listen and change web hotels so I am left trying to put band-aids on open heart surgery size wounds. We have over 2500 individual products with 10s of thousands of combinations of those. With this new "wish" from the powers that be that would add 100s of thousands of combinations. I think in almost any situation this would not be good. So I was wondering if the customization mods would help keep DB size down.