[PrestaModule] Steph

[MODULE] [PM] AdvancedTopMenu

Hi Steph,

great module and I'm looking forward to setting it up on my site.
To test it, I've installed it on a test site that runs the same theme that my production site runs.
I'm having a problem with the ATM module as it places a huge gap between the top menu and a product slider module I've installed.
I've attached two pictures that demonstrate the problem. The first is without the ATM module with the desired layout.
The second is with the ATM module with the messed-up layout.
Any help much appreciated!!
Thanks,
-Dave

Hi Dave,

I know this theme (I bought it for one customer).
The problem, is that theme has a non-standard structure.

So a little CSS integration is necessary in this case.

If you want we can do the job for you, please contact us by e-mail : support[at]presta-module.com

Best regards

JS" date="1299836637"]Hi Homeshop.dk,

Add this line to Advanced Styles.

#adtm_menu { z-index:5000;} 

Increase z-index value if not work with 5000.

Hi,

I had the same problem and applied the line of code in the Advanced Styles.
That fixed the problem but presented me with another problem...
When I get a large product picture, the top menu overlaps the picture.
I attached a screencapture that demonstrates the problem.
All help welcome!

-Dave

49699_dq2NGyfxWq8SDzAql4oa_t

JS" date="1299836637"]Hi Homeshop.dk,

Add this line to Advanced Styles.

#adtm_menu { z-index:5000;} 

Increase z-index value if not work with 5000.

Hi,

I had the same problem and applied the line of code in the Advanced Styles.
That fixed the problem but presented me with another problem...
When I get a large product picture, the top menu overlaps the picture.
I attached a screencapture that demonstrates the problem.
All help welcome!

-Dave

[sOLVED]
Was a bit to fast with asking for help ;-)
Solved the problem by decreasing the z-index value to 1000.

Bonjour,

Petite question concernant les dégradés dans les colonnes. D'office le dégradé est généré du haut vers le bas. J'ai trouvé la possibilité de modifier pour chaque table dans pm_advancedtopmenu.css. Mais celui -ci est écrasé à chaque modification. N'est-il pas possible de modifier le code pour généré un dégradé de la gauche vers la droite ?

Merci,

Mathias

@ youstar

That would be nice if every module is free but you must know that a lot off work and time has gone in this great module.

And the price that you have to pay for this module is not much for what you get and in my eyes very cheap.

If you see how well this module is build you would understand that it can not be a free module ;)

I have buy from Steph the advanced top module and also the ads and slide show and they are truly incredible and worth every penny.

I say buy this module because you never will have a product for such a low price and well build with amazing features.

ysco..

just installed this module. i add some categories as tabs (and they create automatically the columns and items of subcategories). I see the items in the backend, all are active.

but, in preview and frontoffice, the tabs do not open with mouseover.

i only see the tabs titles.

it seems the javascript does not load. i check the hooks and the module is correctly hooked in top of page and also in header hooks.

i use the prestashop_alt theme

Is there an instruction manuel for this. I bought it and I'm trying to get it installed and set up but I am VERY non-programmer. So, I don't really understand what I'm supposed to put into each of the sections. A manuel (PDF) I can look at as I'm trying to figure it out would be helpful. I'm looking at the demo- both front and back end and that is helpful, but since it is in French it is still a little confusing. I'm excited to get it on my site. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks in advance -- Jenny B

PS I also bought your Ads and Slide show. Trying to figure that all out too!

i received the answear from the developers. The fault was of CCC !!! When i closed the CCC options, all the submenus was showing ok !! So bear that in mind.

Also, if you want to change the order of the main tabs, you can drag-n-drop them :)

I have had weeks of fighting to get ATM working with this theme. http://www.templatemonster.com/prestashop-themes/34732.html

I HAD PAID A PRESTA SHOP developer to fix the problem to get the menu sitting where it should (taking the place of the existing menu) Now the back office admin section wont let me add tabs or items to the menu. I really need to get this working without errors asap as My client wants to launch this week.If there is anyone who can guarentee they could make the menu comatible with this template I would like to hire you asap!

Sorry for this late reply, since this new forum, I'd never received notifications :(

Hope this new bulletin board knows how to send mails :)

I say buy this module because you never will have a product for such a low price and well build with amazing features.

ysco..

Lovely Ysco

You win a free day at PrestaModule office in France for your next holidays ! :)

Exact, we spend a lot of time to imagine, create and support our customers.

We love our job and our customers, but... we must also pay our bills and employees :)

PS : we publish some quality free modules on Presta-Module.com

Just try it !

Is there an instruction manuel for this. I bought it and I'm trying to get it installed and set up but I am VERY non-programmer. So, I don't really understand what I'm supposed to put into each of the sections. A manuel (PDF) I can look at as I'm trying to figure it out would be helpful. I'm looking at the demo- both front and back end and that is helpful, but since it is in French it is still a little confusing. I'm excited to get it on my site. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks in advance -- Jenny B

PS I also bought your Ads and Slide show. Trying to figure that all out too!

Hi Jenny,

The method is simple :

Just create menu (tabs) and place on it columns who contains groups of elements (links) who contains elements (links)

In this way, you can create menus with 3 levels depth.

Arrange them by drag and drop, and choose yours colors.

That's all !

For the demo, you can choose your language in front and back-office ! Just click on the english flag ;)

I have had weeks of fighting to get ATM working with this theme. http://www.templatem...emes/34732.html

I HAD PAID A PRESTA SHOP developer to fix the problem to get the menu sitting where it should (taking the place of the existing menu) Now the back office admin section wont let me add tabs or items to the menu. I really need to get this working without errors asap as My client wants to launch this week.If there is anyone who can guarentee they could make the menu comatible with this template I would like to hire you asap!

Hi

For support, please contact our team by e-mail support [at] presta-module [dot] com

AdvancedTopMenu is working out of the box for templates made with a respect to the css standards and using the prestashop template philosophy.

My personal experience with Template Monster is really bad... I'm sure your theme is built with absolute positions. So, all modules placed in header (like advanced top menu) can't follow the structure, and need to be placed in absolute too :(

For your problem with the back-office, please send us an access by e-mail. We'll assist you for free.

Best regards

@ Steph,

Thats a nice offer but i m almost never in france LOL.

But thanks for the offer ;)

Regards,

ysco..

Hello Steph,

I absolutely love your menu and I'm definitely getting it for my other sites but this one's different. The one I'm making now is a car parts store and I'd like to make it so that I can use the menu to filter the make, model and year of the car. So the tab is Volkswagen >(dropdown)> Golf >(dropdown)> 1998 and everything but the "1998" would be unclickable.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,

turbochef

Hello Steph,

I absolutely love your menu and I'm definitely getting it for my other sites but this one's different. The one I'm making now is a car parts store and I'd like to make it so that I can use the menu to filter the make, model and year of the car. So the tab is Volkswagen >(dropdown)> Golf >(dropdown)> 1998 and everything but the "1998" would be unclickable.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,

turbochef

Basically I need a multi-level menu with unclickable parents

Hi again,

almost done implementing the top menu in my site and it's looking great!

One more question though:

When I'm on a CMS page of my site, the 'about us' page for example, and I click on a tab on my ATM that is a link I created, the link doesn't work. It does work when I click on it while I'm in my Home, Category of Manufacturers section of my website.

Any idea's?

-Dave

--edit--

[sOLVED]

Problem solved thanks to the excellent support of presta-module

Edited by Nickless (see edit history)

Hope someone has had the same problem with ATM. All working great but having problems with the menu on the categories page in IE. For some odd reason IE works fine on all other pages except the categories.

I have narrowed it down to when you are on the categories page it loads but ignores the pm_advancedtopmenu.css which has been generated using the module admin. So for example I have set a column width of 300px with content links inside. The pm_advancedtopmenu.css has the code

.advtm_column_wrap_12 {width:300px!important;}

in it which is applied on all pages except the categories. I have stripped out the extra javascript being used on the page and the CSS is not being overwritten by another style.

The 2 pages to compare in IE are:

http://www.aztecmediahosting2.com/ymt/ (this one works OK)

http://www.aztecmediahosting2.com/ymt/110-vertical-machining-centres (does not work)

As you can see the width of the drop-down is different!!!!!

Any help please.

Thanks

Oh dear god praise IE for being the most useless browser!!!!

I understand why it does this but it could warn you!!!

IE has a limit of 31 css files and on my categories page it goes over by 2 so ignores the last 2.

Can you add an option on the next version so have a css selected style different as hover?

I have been using this module for 4 months and it is wonderful.

But just a quick question: I made some major changes to the menu last week. I turned off the PS Cache option as well as the caching option in the Top Menu Module. I than made the changes and everythin went fine. Then turned on PS chaching - still fine. I turned on Top Menu caching - bang the display is all over the place. I have turned it back off for the minute, but do you have any suggestions?

I can't figure out how to do a an image background on hover in the BO. Any ideas?

But just a quick question: I made some major changes to the menu last week. I turned off the PS Cache option as well as the caching option in the Top Menu Module. I than made the changes and everythin went fine. Then turned on PS chaching - still fine. I turned on Top Menu caching - bang the display is all over the place. I have turned it back off for the minute, but do you have any suggestions?

AdvancedTopMenu caching option use the Smarty cache.

So, if you want to force clear cache, you have to clear the content of the folder /tools/smarty/cache (except index.php)

I can't figure out how to do a an image background on hover in the BO. Any ideas?

You have to use the AdvacnedStyles Tab.

There no interface for this case.

Best regards

Hi Steph,

Do you know what's the CSS code to do a "Tabs background image over"?

any one know how to put bullets to the sub-category items in the advanced top menu ?

i know i need to edit the CSS but i am not good at it..

any one willing to help? highly appreciated

thanks in advance

Does anyone know the CCS code for:

• Tabs background image (Normal)
  • Tabs background image hover (Hover)
  • Tab background image clicked (Clicked)
  • Tabs background image activated (Activated)

Pertaining to using sprite background images.

Does anyone know the CCS code for:

• Tabs background image (Normal)
  • Tabs background image hover (Hover)
  • Tab background image clicked (Clicked)
  • Tabs background image activated (Activated)

Pertaining to using sprite background images.

W3C reference :

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/selector.html (5.11.3 : The dynamic pseudo-classes)

.advtm_menu_span { background: none; background-image:url("my_image_path"); background-position: 0px 0px; }

Regards

Hi Steph,

I have attempted to use:

.advtm_menu_span { background: none; background-image:url("my_image_path"); background-position: 0px 0px; }

However, I had no luck on the background of the Advanced Top menu changing the background to the background image that I have inputted in. Also, I noticed that I see the commands for the other classes are ."adtm" instead of ".advtm" I tried this as well and didn't change the background. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Hi

Using sprites could be a little bit complicated for a CSS novice.

Sorry, but I can't help more :-(

You reach the limit of a forum support.

Hope you could find a professional for doing what you want.

Best regards

Thanks for this great module. Bought it a while ago (version 1.7.8)

I run this on 2 websites, one dev and one live. However, the live version has an issue I can't get resolved. The submenu isn't aligning to the left, it's starts below the selected main menu button. (see screenshot)

The dev version has the default presta theme and works okay, I copied every setting to the live site but it doesn't resolve the problem. I also switched the live site back to the default presta theme but that also doesn't resolve the problem. Live and dev run on version 1.4.5.1.

Any thoughts?

post-26886-0-94404800-1322813725_thumb.jpg

Hi,

For support, please contact us at support[at]presta-module.com.

Our team will assist you. Don't forget to include your website URL.

Best regards

Hi, i have a question.

Is posible use the colour of active categories tab for the background or text colour of another place of the web?

I mean H2 or links from center column or something...

Thanks a lot, great module! +10

Hi there, I was wondering if you could assist with your module that I've purchased.

We've designed the following website, using your module:

http://www.onlineforequine.co.uk

We've heavily modified the module so that the main navigation links are centre aligned. However, the drop down menu will not centre align - in firefox and webkit browsers, it's shifted 20px to the right, where as in Internet Explorer, it's shifted 20px to the left. Therefore I cannot use margins or left/right to fix this.

Also, in IE7 the dropdown doesn't display.

If you could offer any assistance that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

EDIT - I've just found your email so I'll send it there. Thanks

Edited by S7 Media Ltd (see edit history)

Hi, i have a question.

Is posible use the colour of active categories tab for the background or text colour of another place of the web?

I mean H2 or links from center column or something...

Thanks a lot, great module! +10

Hi,

Yes you can use the menu colours for whatever you whish. You will have to edit your theme css files though.

Hi there, I was wondering if you could assist with your module that I've purchased.

We've designed the following website, using your module:

http://www.onlineforequine.co.uk

We've heavily modified the module so that the main navigation links are centre aligned. However, the drop down menu will not centre align - in firefox and webkit browsers, it's shifted 20px to the right, where as in Internet Explorer, it's shifted 20px to the left. Therefore I cannot use margins or left/right to fix this.

Also, in IE7 the dropdown doesn't display.

If you could offer any assistance that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

EDIT - I've just found your email so I'll send it there. Thanks

I think you problem is fixed S7 Media Ltd, very nice integration of the menu by the way ;)

Regards

This is a great module!

I am using it, but have one issue. When I try to place a search on the menu, There is no title displayed, the search box is presented, and an OK button is placed on line below the box. How can I get the title, search box and button to stay on same line, not wrap to next?

I have a big problem since i upgraded to 1.4.7 with this great module

The module caches all menu points in the menu and makes the shop crash and slow - f.x. when all the files are cached customers are not able checkout

In one day i have 11.000 files i cach from the module.

Im running Advanced Top Menu 1.7.5 and Prestashop 1.4.7

Hope to hear from you

I tried to download the latest version but im not able to on your site it gives me an error

Hello

I bought another menu module which am disappointed about since had no support and did not work at all :(

I want to purchase this module but if I had problem with it will you help me solve them ?

thanks in advance

Hi

I try to edit my 1.4.6.2 ATM but it doesn't work :( I can add or delete menu-submenu on the other hand whenever try to change css, it doesn't work. I checked my DB it is writing css values on tables but it doesn't apply this rules :(

Does deleting related to ATM files on tools/smarty/cache work? or I need to do somethingelse

Prestashop 1.4.6.2

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Advanced Top Menu has been updated to version 1.7.9.6

changelog 1.7.9.6

- Fixed footer

changelog 1.7.9.5

- Load preview with ajax to avoid problems with jCaroussel

changelog 1.7.9.4

- Fixed active class on homepage

- Fixed cache problem when menu is empty

- Consider active the default category of a product when it is on the Product Page

changelog 1.7.9.3

- Add new support and newsletter block

- Add module key

changelog 1.7.9.2

- Add inactive languages management in back-office

changelog 1.7.9.1

- Keep active state on element and group of elements on tab edition

changelog 1.7.9

- Add new delimter '#' to preg_quotes

changelog 1.7.8

- updated CodeMirror

Best regards,

Hi,

Advanced Top Menu has been updated to version 1.7.9.6

Available on our website

changelog 1.7.9.6

- Fixed footer

Best regards,

hello Vincent thank you for your great module!

i use v.1.7.9.1 and have issue: i can not add trademark symbols (™, ® also some other) to the tabs and columns like: 1TabName® / 2TabName™). It disappear at all and i need clean database. Is this ussue already fixed @v.1.7.9.7 or you have any other solution how to show it?

Thanks

l00p54

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the bug you want to submit.

On our demo, i'm able to name colums with trademarks symbol.

May you send us an email with more explanations (screenshots, back-office access) ?

Regards,

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the bug you want to submit.

On our demo, i'm able to name colums with trademarks symbol.

May you send us an email with more explanations (screenshots, back-office access) ?

Regards,

...successful updated to your latest release & it seems everithing work fine with trademarks. ~happy~

...actualy it can be very nice to have built-in possibility easily duplicate tabs together with (large:) content!

(...after my O-desk experience i have a strict policy - no access from EXTERNAL co. & individuals!

and if any.. just at testing website. ;)

Hi,

I´ve bought and downloaded this menu 2 days ago, running on PS 1.473.

I´m trying to install it in a custom theme (boutique) but all I see is plain lose text (see attachment).

I modified the configuration as shown below:

Smart cache for CSS

Use CCC for CSS.

Smart cache for JavaScript

Use CCC for JavaScript.

Minify HTML

Keep HTML as original

Compress inline JavaScript in HTML

Compress inline JavaScript in HTML after "smarty compile" execution

High risk HTML compression

HTML is compressed but cancels the W3C validation (only when "Minify HTML" is enabled)

Help please!!!

post-343436-0-59900100-1347649887_thumb.jpg

Hi, i just download the new version, from prestastore, but the version is 1.7.9.8.. how to find 1.8?

i want to use in ps 1.5.1

Thanks!

Hi, i buyed on 25/03/2011 and i updated allways from prestastore, but when i download, only find 1.7.9 version.

Ok, the i have to pay all price? maybe discount or something cause i have previous module?

If not, what changes have the module? this new module haves news adds?

Thanks <3

Compatibility

PrestaShop v1.0.0.1 - v1.5.0.17

Version

this version support ps 1.5.1 ?

thank!

Hi,

if active if the mobile option, the module advanced top menu does not work on your home computer.

someone has the same problem?

Prestashop 1.5.1 + advance top menu 1.8.0.1

I reinstalled PS 1.5.1. + 1.8.0.3

Now it's ok, it works well.

Edited by Rams (see edit history)

Hi,

I have integrated your module into my webshop: www.plaisirmalicieux.com.

I'm making the final changes on the code, but I have problems with your module, related to SEO.

I need to put the main labels into the <h2> tags, to make a proper links into Google search. I mean: "Viste", "Vive", etc.

But in advancedtopmenu.tpl I don't know how, because when I put the tag, it works for all the things generated in php: the <a> and the <span>.

Where I can put the <h2> tag into? Maybe in some .php?

Thank you very much, and congratulations for the module. Really, really, nice!

Regards.

Compatibility

PrestaShop v1.0.0.1 - v1.5.0.17

Version

this version support ps 1.5.1 ?

thank!

i think no... i have problems with it, when i instale this module, the products cant be modified. I have to reinstall 1.5.0 version :(

Hi

@jesen : Yes of course it is compatible with Prestashop 1.5.2 ! :)

For your information the latest release is the 1.8.0.3

@rams : Mobile theme from Prestashop place some javascript before the doctype definition ! What a shame :(

We advice Prestashop of this, and we are waiting for an update.

Don't use this theme, it will cause some issues to your store or modules.

@jorge : I respond to your email last week. Everything ok with it ?

@a1pro11 : I'm not sure to understand your needs. Could you send us a screen capture of what you want ?

Best regards

Hello I am having this problem, I could find that file to change writing permission. Can you help me please. thanks

Before you can configure your menu, please give write permission to file(s) / folder(s) below:

prestashop.com\modules\pm_advancedtopmenu/../../tools/smarty/cache

Hi

You have to change permission of /tools/smarty/cache

(Prestashop 1.4 only)

If you have Prestashop 1.5 please contact us by email : support <at> presta-module <dot> com

Best regards

Steph' timestamp='1307019354' post='562715']

The message on the configuration page tells you to give write acces to the folder /tools/smarty/cache of Prestashop.

Best regards

I just upgraded to 1.5.2 and I get this message too:

Before you can configure your menu, please give write permission to file(s) / folder(s) below:

modules/pm_advancedtopmenu/../../tools/smarty/cache

But there is no such file, and there's no path like /tools/smarty/cache in Prestashop folders... What to do?

Steph' timestamp='1355158738' post='1034280']

Hi Nondo,

You have to upgrade Advanced Top Menu to 1.8 or higher

Versions lower than 1.8 aren't compatible with Prestashop 1.5

Best regards

Hi :)

How do I do that? Do I have to buy a new license via addons?

Steph' timestamp='1355330094' post='1036705']

If you subscribe to the one year update plan from Addons, you could download the latest version from your customer area.

If not, there actually a limited offer on our website :

For each module bought, you have 1 year update free

http://www.presta-module.com/en/

Best regards

Hi Steph,

i want to upgrade my shop to 1.5 and use the advanced top menu. I bought it more than 1 year ago.

Does this mean I have to purchase it again?

Regards,

-Dave

I don't understand that is hilarious azphones.

If you subscribe to one of our (paid) updates extension program, you will enjoy free and unlimited update of your module for one or two years. If not, we provide 90 days of free updates and support... for free !

Best regards

I can tell you all one thing is the top menu support is great and is well worth it if you want free support. I know first hand because I use the top menu and it's the best to use here on prestashop and many cool features and very advanced to what you can do.

• Like 1

hi, is it hard to change this module to use it vertically like on this site ? http://domo.ro/

thank you

Hi, Steph, can you modify this module to be displayed vertically? Free or payed.

I look forward to reading your reply.

Thanks!

Hello! I have a problem trying to instal a plugin.

/home2/eranpets/public_html/modules/pm_advancedtopmenu/../../tools/smarty/cache

How can i solve it?? I changed permission to tools/smarty folder. there is no /cashe folder inside. Thanks

Hi Libinpage

It seems you used Prestashop 1.5 but you didn't update our module for this release of Prestashop.

Only versions higher than 1.8 of our module are compatible with it.

For your information, this update is free if you have the one year update program.

Best regards

Hi,

How i can make text-shadow for menu in Advanced Style?

Thank you.

UPD (Solved). #adtm_menu_inner .a-niveau1 {text-shadow: 0px 4px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.4), 0px 8px 13px rgba(0,0,0,0.1), 0px 18px 23px rgba(0,0,0,0.1);}

Edited by victoru (see edit history)

I installed the AdvancedTopMenu but my menu displays left

I need to change something Joined settings.

You can manage position modules. Avanced Top Menu / setings / manage hooks / select Top of page and Header of page / no left column block

Unfortunately I have not even managed that I have no problem with Hooks.

Thanks!

Header of pages - 1 ενότητα [A hook which allow you to do things in the header of each pages] (Τεχνική ονομασία:displayHeader)

Top of pages - 1 ενότητα [A hook which allow you to do things a the top of each pages.] (Τεχνική ονομασία:displayTop)

http://www.kalaitzidisgroup.gr/

How good is support for mobile users ?

I have a 1.5.3.1 shop with fluid design template. It adjust visible page content content on the fly.

Like hiding left column or right column and other elements, so users with smaller displays always get maximum experience.

using CSS for that:

like @media screen and (max-width: 759px) {

Will your module be able to adapt on smaller screens with CSS property max-width:xxx ???

I will buy it right away, if you can confirm.

What I need is menu like yours, fore replacement of default category tree, because i need space at the top of left column only for Layered navigation modul (filtr)

I need some form of user friendly navigation from every possible device (Desktop, Ipad, cell phone etc)

It is possible with your module?

Thank you Martin

our site to check for that: http://bazar.ulpneu.cz

Edited by martin.ruzek.77@gmail.com (see edit history)