requirements are not satisfied to upgrade 1.7 from 1.6

hkikis

I am trying to upgrade to 1.7 but it show a message
requirements are not satisfied.

I find a script that helps to see the requirments as prestashop don't tell you anywhere.

The name of script is phppsinfo-master 
All was ok except some directories that aren't Writable as the script says. But theese directories are 755.

Some dirs I don't know where are....  
app/config
app/Resources/translations

var/logs
var/cache 

What is going on?

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_10.png

Call your hosting company and have them set up the environment you require.

My hostmonster is also in same boat... They not offering a PHP FPM higher then 7.0

No clue why the hosts are not proactively allowing us to up our php versions.

Also I noted the MySql is default BUT the MySQLi extension has to be installed at a host level for your container.

I am testing with downgrading to php 5.6 today I will let you know if  1.7.4.2 runs with it.

Edited by jstillings1 (see edit history)

I ran into a snag. My shared hosting allows me to pick a php version to run for the container but does not allow me to restart the service as this would affect the other users on the container. I am going to move my " stuff  " to a vps so I can play and get more answers. On a side note.. the WP sites picked up the downgrade to 5.6 instantly but the prestashop hung onto the old 7.0 and I could not find in the setting where to adjust this.

Gonna take a few hours to  set up the new hosting containers, so " I'll be back! "

To be a little more direct to your actual question:

PrestaShop uses  some really cool stuff on a programming level.

One of those is it stores critical files above public access. Which means that the script you ran only gets to see public_html on down and it cant see above it.

Those dirs and files marked in red is a normal condition due to the script not having access, but no worries cause prestashop does some programming magic that allows this.

The requirements for prestashop are found here

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

NOTE that allow_url_fopen enabled. This directive enables PrestaShop to access remote files, which is an essential part of the payment process, among others things. It is therefore imperative to have it set to On.

Is a critical thing! that is the magic that it uses.

Most shared hosts turn this off by default because with it on one with knowledge could step into other customers containers.

The good news is if your shared host is allowing FPM you can set your containers PHP.ini to allow it.