[SOLVED] Password_query Mail not sent

EmanuelHuber

Hi all,

I'm quite desperate because of a very bad situation.

I migrated a 1.6 Shop to 1.7.4 and up to now, everything looked fine.

We also migrated the customers and now as they want to login, the password won't work anymore -> no problem so far... they hit the "reset password" button and according to the mail-table in the database, the mail was sent... but it wasn't

Other mails (order confirmation, account creation, etc.) work just fine, but the password_query mail not.

I checked the mails-folder in root and theme folders, the mail template exists...

Any ideas?

[EDIT]: I found the problem in the log-files of postfix.

the server running the 1.7.4 shop has an IPv6 address and if the server (postfix) sends mails, some of the templates bounce and some don't if sent to gmail-addresses.

if you deactivate set the postfix-config from inet_protocols = all to inet_protocols = ipv4 and restart postfix, everything works just fine...

Edited by EmanuelHuber (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

Hi , and thank you for the answer you have posted. I had maybe the same problem but was easier to fix it. Just changed in BO from using SMTP to use PHP mail() function. Test it and it was ok. Than changed it back to SMTP and it works. It is strange solution but decided to post it.

Supporting the community with answers.
D

• 6 months later...
On 8/25/2018 at 4:19 PM, EmanuelHuber said:

Hi all,

I'm quite desperate because of a very bad situation.

I migrated a 1.6 Shop to 1.7.4 and up to now, everything looked fine.

We also migrated the customers and now as they want to login, the password won't work anymore -> no problem so far... they hit the "reset password" button and according to the mail-table in the database, the mail was sent... but it wasn't

Other mails (order confirmation, account creation, etc.) work just fine, but the password_query mail not.

I checked the mails-folder in root and theme folders, the mail template exists...

Any ideas?

[EDIT]: I found the problem in the log-files of postfix.

the server running the 1.7.4 shop has an IPv6 address and if the server (postfix) sends mails, some of the templates bounce and some don't if sent to gmail-addresses.

if you deactivate set the postfix-config from inet_protocols = all to inet_protocols = ipv4 and restart postfix, everything works just fine...

Thnbaks for thsi information, where is thsi seting need to change?