Product combinations don't work

georgemezzo

Hello .Sorry for my english.

I have ps 1.6.0.9 And i am going to create products combinations with the "products combinations generator" and when i try to choose a colour and the sizes that i want to create with "ctrl" button and the mouse as you know and then i add them and push the button "create combinations" i take the messege  "successful upgrade" but nothing create, no combinations no nothing create  !
I try many times with different combinations and always i take the same messege and nothing created  ....

Please anybody kwons what happen???

On 25/8/2018 at 10:08 PM, musicmaster said:

Look for javascript errors. Switch development mode on and look for php errors.

Often this kind of problems is caused by some module.

Thank you very much For Your reply. 

How can i do this that you told me? Sorry For asking i am not an expert. 

Thank you very much. 

On 8/28/2018 at 2:18 PM, georgemezzo said:

You mean to delete modules one by one from the foolder 'modules' by ftp And to upload them again one by one from the main foolder of my version  that i downloaded from prestashop? 

You can just rename them: it will disable them. And when you rename them back to their original name they will work again.

5 hours ago, musicmaster said:

You can just rename them: it will disable them. And when you rename them back to their original name they will work again.

Thank you i Will do it on plesk that's right? I Will go to my Shop foolder then to modules and i Will rename all the foolders of each module? That's it? 

On 30/8/2018 at 8:45 AM, musicmaster said:

Rename just the names in the modules folder - one by one.

I do it. I Change all the foolders of modules and then i refresh back office And i rename them to the originals names and i refresh back office again and after i goin to create combinations again but nothing is still the same promblem i take mesege 'succesful upgrade' but no combinations create no nothing.... 

Edited by georgemezzo (see edit history)

15 hours ago, georgemezzo said:

I do it. I Change all the foolders of modules and then i refresh back office And i rename them to the originals names and i refresh back office again and after i goin to create combinations again but nothing is still the same promblem i take mesege 'succesful upgrade' but no combinations create no nothing.... 

What do you think you are doing???

You are supposed to rename the directories in order to disable the module wit that name. When you then rename them back you effectively undo that action.

22 hours ago, musicmaster said:

You are supposed to rename the directories in order to disable the module wit that name. When you then rename them back you effectively undo that action.

22 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Yes. This i do it. I rename them For to disable them. And after i rename them again to the original names. But my promblem still don't solved

On 1/9/2018 at 11:55 PM, mizo said:

Look  for javascript errors. Switch development mode on and look for php errors. just new in discord and adobereader and itunes

I do it! I turn on development mode and when i go to create combinations now it gives this mesege:

Duplicate entry '0-1-1' for key 'id_product'

INSERT INTO `ps_product_attribute_shop` (`id_product_attribute`, `wholesale_price`, `price`, `ecotax`, `weight`, `unit_price_impact`, `minimal_quantity`, `default_on`, `available_date`, `id_shop`) VALUES ('187', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0000-00-00', '1')
Edited by georgemezzo (see edit history)

On 25/8/2018 at 10:08 PM, musicmaster said:

Look for javascript errors. Switch development mode on and look for php errors.

Often this kind of problems is caused by some module.

I turn on development mode and when i go to create combinations now it gives this mesege:

Duplicate entry '0-1-1' for key 'id_product'

INSERT INTO `ps_product_attribute_shop` (`id_product_attribute`, `wholesale_price`, `price`, `ecotax`, `weight`, `unit_price_impact`, `minimal_quantity`, `default_on`, `available_date`, `id_shop`) VALUES ('187', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0000-00-00', '1')

Are you sure you didn't have a failed upgrade or so?

That key "id_product" isn't there in 1.6.0.9. It is there only in the 1.6.1+ version of the database. And what you see happening is what happens when you access a 1.6.1+ database with code from older Prestashop versions.

You should start with getting clear about what happened. 

The easiest solution is putting back some backup.

You could also try upgrading your shop to a 1.6.1 version. But take care to make a backup as it is not exactly clear how upgrading your buggy system would work out. And you should be sure that your theme and modules can handle it.

Finally you could have me or someone else to repair it. But that would cost some money.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 7:26 PM, musicmaster said:

Are you sure you didn't have a failed upgrade or so?

That key "id_product" isn't there in 1.6.0.9. It is there only in the 1.6.1+ version of the database. And what you see happening is what happens when you access a 1.6.1+ database with code from older Prestashop versions.

You should start with getting clear about what happened. 

The easiest solution is putting back some backup.

You could also try upgrading your shop to a 1.6.1 version. But take care to make a backup as it is not exactly clear how upgrading your buggy system would work out. And you should be sure that your theme and modules can handle it.

Finally you could have me or someone else to repair it. But that would cost some money.

Thank you very much For Your reply.. 

Please Tell me how much money do you need for to fix IT?