Help me develop OPC module

DataKick

Hi everyone,

I'm currently creating new One Page Checkout module for prestashop 1.6 and I would like to ask real world merchants for your opinions.

Disclosure: It is going to be a paid module. I'm just saying it upfront, because I'm sure some people would have problems with that :)

At the moment the module is an alpha stage, and there are some known issues. It's definitely not production ready. But the general idea is already implemented, and that is what I'm interested in. 

You can test it on my demo server, or you can install it on your own -- you can download it here. The module have sandbox feature, so you can install it on your server and test it, yet your customers will use your standard checkout.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Some screenshots:

cover-image.thumb.png.5418eb46ea442ae467f58eed7c5b575d.png

Edited by DataKick (see edit history)
  • Like 1

In my experience the big problem with a custom checkout is that every module developed to add a feature there, will not works property.

If I'm honest the checkout built-in of PS 1.6 (and earlier) is terrible, but the new of PS 1.7 its really nice.

Good luck with your development!

There are at least 2 really good OPC modules already, the more the merrier though. I think 1.7 is also really bad and what it and 1.6 lacks is that in order to view the shipping costs (and payment options I think), you need to complete all the address fields. I think if shipping costs based on zone or zipcode were available to view prior to having to complete all those fields (by entering a postcode for example) then yes the 1.7 checkout would be ok.

Edited by jetx (see edit history)