Just about to launch my shop and I cant add items to cart

evo2lady

Hi everyone,

Prestashop 1.7.4.1

Firstly I am going to thank anyone who can help me I am very much a novice but I can usually figure things out slowly.

I am just about to launch my shop, had added all my products etc and was doing a trial run making sure everything was running ok and working well - I had done a trial run few days ago and all was working fine - I have now done a trial run this evening and I can NOT add any items to my shopping cart, there is no option for this (when doing this from a laptop) when you hover over the "add to basket" there is a no enter badge that comes up, and it will not allow you to click on the "add to basket"

If I go around it another way and add directly from my homepage and not from the actual product listing, it will add to basket but then there is nothing in my cart, no amount, no item, nothing at all.

I have no idea what has happened -I am panicking as I am due to launch my shop by this weekend, and things take me longer with me being a novice when issues need resolving.

I am going to try and add screenshots so anyone can see what is happening - the above issues are both on desktop and mobile. I have cleared all cache's and cookies from the shop and my browsers too (as I had read this could have been an issue on previous posts).

Any help would be really appreciated - but please if you are able to help me I do need the help in basic speak with being a novice

Thank you

Marcia

www.turkishtrendz.com

adding to cart error 2.jpg

adding to cart error 1.jpg

Edited by evo2lady (see edit history)

• razaro changed the title to Just about to launch my shop and I cant add items to cart

Hello,

Most possible thing is the theme, PS 1.7 has changed a lot of things from PS 1.7.3 to 1.7.4, it's possible that your template was designed for 1.7.3 and this is causing the error, how you can check that?, just switch to the default theme temporary, clear all the cache. if now works then you know the cause.

Regards!

thank you for the reply - yes I am using a different theme to the classic on prestashop although been using it for the past 6 weeks whilst building my shop etc.

i have the support for the theme onto it now to try sort it out as there are a couple of other issues thats going on.

I do wish I was able to get my head around all this HTML its mind boggling at times.

thank you again !

Marcia

On 8/16/2018 at 1:23 PM, evo2lady said:

Hi everyone,

Prestashop 1.7.4.1

Firstly I am going to thank anyone who can help me I am very much a novice but I can usually figure things out slowly.

I am just about to launch my shop, had added all my products etc and was doing a trial run making sure everything was running ok and working well - I had done a trial run few days ago and all was working fine - I have now done a trial run this evening and I can NOT add any items to my shopping cart, there is no option for this (when doing this from a laptop) when you hover over the "add to basket" there is a no enter badge that comes up, and it will not allow you to click on the "add to basket"

If I go around it another way and add directly from my homepage and not from the actual product listing, it will add to basket but then there is nothing in my cart, no amount, no item, nothing at all.

I have no idea what has happened -I am panicking as I am due to launch my shop by this weekend, and things take me longer with me being a novice when issues need resolving.

I am going to try and add screenshots so anyone can see what is happening - the above issues are both on desktop and mobile. I have cleared all cache's and cookies from the shop and my browsers too (as I had read this could have been an issue on previous posts).

Any help would be really appreciated - but please if you are able to help me I do need the help in basic speak with being a novice

Thank you

Marcia

www.turkishtrendz.com

adding to cart error 2.jpg

adding to cart error 1.jpg

I also found this bug in classic theme also. Sometimes in ajax cart pop up image doesn't shows and items not adding to cart.