Pshopic

[Free Module] Nivo jQuery Slider

Nivo jQuery free slider module compatible with Prestashop 1.3+ and 1.4+.

Features Slider
* 11 unique transition effects
* Simple clean & valid markup
* Built in directional and control navigation
* Supports linking images
* Keyboard Navigation

Browser Support
Nivo Slider has been tested in the following browsers:
* Internet Explorer v7+
* Firefox v3+
* Google Chrome v4
* Safari v4
* Opera v10.5

To download module, please visit our site.

37310_GagDHA9KFubctLWwRhSk_t

• Like 1

Thanks for the free share ;)

I have try`t it on the latest PS 1.4 beta and the module is not working, it installs fine no errors but when i open the module in BO then it is empty.
See attached image.

Best regards,

ysco..

37321_Z0rfrYDScYiGhXjIseYp_t

• Like 1

We are working on our new themes which are working on 1.4.0.9 and also included this slider. Everything works ok. After your post, I downloaded module and used on default 1.4.0.9. There is no problem in BO. You can see attached image. I think you have different problems in BO.

37324_AWtrKLNewFx0Tmr8Rw3V_t

Hello mate,

Strange that it don't work on my test server, will install the module again and clear smarty cache and see what happens then.

Best regards,

ysco..

Hello,

I have the same problem as ysco. My shop is Version 1.3.5.0 and it wont show the images in the slider and in back-end the module is empty.

Best regards.

Doesnt work for me either, i have psversion 1.3.1.1

Hi all,

nothing showing up in BO after installing the slider on presta 1.4.0.10.

any ideea on this?

BR

I'm getting the following error with Prestashop 1.3.6 without 3rd party modules & themes:

In IE 8:

Object doesn't support this property or method

$('a.nivo-prevNav',slider).live('click',function(){if(vars.running)return false;clearInterval(timer);timer='';vars.currentSlide-=2;nivoRun(slider,kids,settings,'prev')})

The navigation is not working in IE 8, Firefox & Chrome because of this error.

hi all,

This slider is great, but I also I have compatibility issues with jQuery.

I also specifically:
$ ("a.nivo-prevNav" slider). live is not a function

It seems that this slider requires the jQuery library in my prestashop 1.4 and 1.3.7 is the 1.2.6 jQuery library

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

hi all,

i too have the same issue as lozaria face but with different error....the details as follows,

the error message from IE8+

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:58:19 UTC

Line: 166
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: h t t p://localhost/elive/

Line that it indicates: $('#slider').nivoSlider({

but for me, i get images and slide show playing well in IE,Firefox and chrome...but IE specifies a error....

Pl give a solution for us dude.....

cheers
Ash

at last i got solution for this problem and solved it....

i think my inputs mite help others...

here we go

its working fine on prestashop 1.3.x to latest release [1.4] and tested in all browsers{I.E 5.5 to 9(stable version),Firefox latest,chrome latest}

Solution for the above compatibility issues...

1. Please download the attachment of jquery file and place that file in yourdomain.com/js/jquery/

2. open your header.tpl[from your theme folder] and add this code over there(around line 40 or before)
{if $page_name == 'index'}
[script type="text/javascript" src="{$content_dir}js/jquery/jquery-1.4.3.min.js">/script]
{/if} | pl add <> between script
3. upload your header.tpl file back to ur server and refresh for the changes to be effective...

cheers
Ash

jquery-1.4.3.min.js

I have a problem with this modul

When I change the images they dont' change. Always I saw the sample images....

I don't now how change them...

Hello and thank so much for integrating Nivo to PS !!

The language upload does not work for me.
The only thing is that I cannot find where to increase the number of slides from your settings to 8.

I use PS 1.4 lates version and get manage Php and a bit of TPL as well as JS..
I might be tired 8-/ , but I cannot get the Array...
Thank you for your help.

just copy and paste
<link>
http://leave empty or add ur link here
encode image here
</link>

above code to enlinks.xml(u can do this for n number of times) and upload the file back to ur server and go back to prestashop admin and check the module, u find more array of slides u need...

i think, this mite help u on ur need...

cheers

Thanks for the free share ;)

I have try`t it on the latest PS 1.4 beta and the module is not working, it installs fine no errors but when i open the module in BO then it is empty.
See attached image.

Best regards,

ysco..

Maybe you dont have translated the module? Try to switch to english and se if that helps.

Best/Johan

I have a problem with this slider, when I install, slider show on footer, not show under main menu :/

I use PS 1.3.6 and theme is: rumahbatik

How fix problem? Thanx

42274_aZTlAdpNOrlcgf0bgAZw_t

Trying this module to prestashop Version 1.3.6.0 - 0.068s
Set 4 images with different link for each and it's work on back office
but it's not work on front page, all the images have the same link, that is the first images link.

Would you please help me to solve this issue

thank you very much

I Installed this in 1.4.0.17 and it did work fine.

Can you guide how to enable thumb images for navigation. I tried but no success.
Please....

I am geting this error
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/visko/domains/visko.lt/public_html/modules/slideric/slideric.php on line 125

Using 1.4.0.17. What the problem could be ?

How can we use a different image for each language?
how can we change the speed time?
How can we change the maximum number of images?

Thank you.

is this module working withe ps 1.2.5?

I installed this module on PS 1.4.0.17 and generally works good, but I found one big problem with it: I'm using two languages in my shop, english (en) and slovenian (sl). I made a copy of en* files in slideric and changed their names to sl* (sl.php, sl0.jpg, sl1.jpg, etc.) to match files which will be displayed on slovenian language of the shop. But when I switch site to slovenian language this modul shows italian pictures (it0.jpg, it1.jpg, etc.) and not slovenian as it should. Does somebody have a clue why is that?? 'sl' is valid iso code for slovenian language ...

EDIT: I'm also experiencing problems adding/changing pictures in BO. Whenever I want to add another picture I get following error in BO:

Warning: finfo_open() [function.finfo-open]: Failed to load magic database at '/usr/share/misc/magic'. in /var/www/vhosts/myshopdomain/httpdocs/images.inc.php on line 139

Warning: finfo_file(): supplied argument is not a valid file_info resource in /var/www/vhosts/myshopdomain/httpdocs/images.inc.php on line 140

Warning: finfo_close(): supplied argument is not a valid file_info resource in /var/www/vhosts/myshopdomain/httpdocs/images.inc.php on line 141

So what could this problem be and how to resolve it?

Is there a way to display pictures in random order in this module?

Hi!

This is a great job and thanks.

I liked to know from where the caption div is generated? Where can i find it? How/where can i reach it?

I want to add some modifications to this slider so the user can manage captions and few other things.

I`m a newbie in this object oriented programing but i want to learn it and i think this is a great task to learn. Also i think a lots of people wants a free cool slider what can be configured from BO.

Regard,
Levike

With Prestashop 1.4.3 - there is nothing in BO. Module installed normally, I can go to configure, but there is only button - save. Nothing else.

Can you tell me please how to position the slider above the columns?

The idea is great but can't get it working ... it messes up my category home page. too bad!

• Like 1

Sorry nice try to put nivo into presta.

So many bugs, obvisouly no support and donation required for that modul.

I switch to manually inser the slider to my design.

• Like 1

Thank you for this nice and useful module. It's working fine at my site.

With Prestashop 1.4.3 - there is nothing in BO. Module installed normally, I can go to configure, but there is only button - save. Nothing else.

Same problem here.

Hi,

We checked our module many times on different prestashop versions and in all versions module is working. We checked back office and front office, there is not any problem with module. Lastly we checked module on Prestashop 1.4.5.1 and it has not got any problem with the latest prestashop module.

Best Regards

That is weird

See this screenshot. Are there some kinds of settings that should be done?

nivo.jpg

Exactly the same problem here... Installed jquery1.4.3.js in js folder in my theme but no luck...

Hi guys,

if you have no configuration in BO, then you don;t have for nivo slider xml and lang file.

You shoud have in enlinks.xml and en.php for english for example, and if your language is turkish you shoud have trlinks.xml and tr.php (only example). Uninstall the module, make copy of english files and rename to your language, upload, change permisions for the new uploaded file and reinstall the module. It should work as it did for me. please see here the test site www.rcmedia.ro/online.

files should be here "site root/modules/slideric/"

regards.

• Like 1

Thanks, xetu's your proposal worked for me.

The solution: Try the English version of your front page. If the slider appears, then you can simply go to modules/slideric and copy en.php to ??.php and enlinks.xml to ??links.xml where ?? is your language code (en, ru, de, es etc.)

Hi, I just updated from PS 1.2.5 to the latest (1.4.5.1)

Now my theme won't display the slider on the frontpage.

My languages etc is re-uploaded, and on the options page, I can see the images and links I had from the last version.

Any ideas?

Edit: The .js file does not get loaded in the header file..

Perhaps this works. By me this works!

I'm using "português" (pb) default language. To correct this problem, i duplicated the files "enlinks.xml", "en.php" and the images "en0.jpg", "en1.jpg", "en2.jpg" and "en3.jpg". Then i changed the prefix to "pb", like this: "pblinks.xml", "pb.php", "pb0.jpg", "pb1.jpg" ... etc

Try this!

Note: change the access permission on the "slideric" folder at "modules/slideric" to "777", and do the same on the "links.xml" of your language!

Solution for version 1.4.4.x:

make a copy of these files:

en.php

en0.jpg

en1.jpg

en2.jpg

en3.jpg

enlinks.xml

to your language by replacing en with the right ones, e.i. "pl".

For me this solved the problem of non existing pictures at BO - great module!!

I have a similar problem, but changing en.php and enlinks.xml to pl.php and pllinks.xml helped only partially - the back office settings are now available, I can upload pictures (pl0.jpg, pl1.jpg, etc), but the front end of the shop does not show anything, the module is not loaded. What's wrong?

I'm running 1.4.6.2 fresh install and no issues at all with the module. Thank you Prestashopic!

Does anybody know of an easy way to add more than 4 images into the slideshow in the BO?

Happy holidays and happy new year everyone!

It works on my site with Prestashop 1.4.6.2

Is it possible to add more frames? Maybe 4 is not always enough.

And would be a good idea to add a button in the back office to enable-disable any of the images or links, so you can choose what to show without adding or deleting the items.

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues when displaying pictures.... seems that slideric is overlapping my home menu bar when displaying subcategories. Any of you have find any solution?

I've been struggling with CSS but I'm not very good at it :)

Salute

I have this module up and running on my site yet for some reason the changes I do to the slideric.tpl file regarding the speed doesn't seem to take effect. Right now I have:

effect:'random', //Specify sets like: 'fold,fade,sliceDown'

slices:9,

animSpeed:500, //Slide transition speed

pauseTime:25000, // How long each slide will show

This are the actual setting running on my server yet the slides are super fast, anyone experiencing similar issues? Thanks

The site is at http://tivicr.com/tienda

Yep, same problem like to tivicrdotcom

I change slideric.tpl to pauseTime:10000 but still have 3 sec pauses between slides.

Tried to reinstal module with edited slideric.tpl - still same problem

any ideas where else we could change sliding speed? Now it's to fast...

Thank You in advance!

Hi

I'm trying to set 2 banners instead 4. Now I have 4 banners/slides and I want to have only 2. Do somebody know how to change number of banners/slides that are showed in slideric

Thanks

Hi,

I downloaded and install Nivo slider 1.4. Now I dont know how to move it under header.

If I hook it to Homepage content is slider width like center column and if I change width of center column, left and right columns are under center.

Does anyone know how to do this? Or if will be other slider more easy to move to that position?

post-140755-0-76472100-1334210870_thumb.png

Hello,

The problem I have is : no thumbail generated when I upload an image from my computer. The big image is good, but no thumbnail...

What's the solution, please ?

Great module, i'm using Nivo jQuery slider on my homepage, but i'm now wondering if it would be possible to add other different sliders, to show in categories

Hi,

I bought a theme that included the Block Nivo Slider - version 1.5.

I have a few questions,

1. Is it possible to add an option of linking to at target=_blank??

Not for all links as default, but just the option.

2. Is it possible to have some sliders as inactive or offline, if I want it off fore a period, and then online again. It would make it a little quicker and easier..

Thanks

// Sara

smokenfire_new??

"I bought a theme that included the Block Nivo Slider - version 1.5."

What do you meen? it is not free to make the changes?? I purchased a theme that included the module... so i did not get it for free....

Can you help me make the changes?

hello,  does anyone know how to add another slide or two to this slider? I can't find anywhere where does it set the total number of slides. By default I have only 3. 

Thanks.