How to override classes with a namespace?

Kevin

Hi,

I would like to override the class Category.php, the function getSubCategories with a custom order by.

Problem is that Category.php extends the ObjectModel that has a namespace and these classes cannot be overridden.

So my question is, how can i achieve what i want without modifying the core file Category.php?

Thanks!

Kevin

Hi,

I don't see any issue in overriding the Category.php (class). Just create the file Category.php inside the override/classes folder.

Check the below code for reference.

class Category extends CategoryCore
{
	public function getSubCategories($idLang, $active = true)
    {
		//Do whatever you want to do.
	}
}

Edited by Knowband Plugins (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Knowband Plugins said:

Hi,

I don't see any issue in overriding the Category.php (class). Just create the file Category.php insider the override/classes folder.

Check the below code for reference.

class Category extends CategoryCore
{
	public function getSubCategories($idLang, $active = true)
    {
		//Do whatever you want to do.
	}
}

That is exactely what i did, but that doesn't work. app/cache folder is not present(cache is turned off) so cannot delete that file.

Kindly confirm in which folder you have placed the file? Means you have placed the file directly inside the ROOT/override/classes OR it's inside the module override folder?

In case of module override folder, you need to reset the module (if the module is already installed) to reflect the changes (As the system will place the override file from module override folder to ROOT/override/classes on installation/Reset).