I'm new to prestashop and php and i have followed the instructions to install the software in the server. 

when i get to step 3 it says that the system compatibility has been verified.

however, it also give me two alerts

"to get the latest internationalization data upgrade the ICU system package and the intl PHP extension"

"Set Short_open_tag to off in php.ini"

Despite these alerts, i click NEXT and i enter the shop's information and name surname and email but when i click NEXT it goes back to step 1 to accept of licence.

i am using Linux and the server is hosted on Fasthost.

I hope someone can tell me what to do as i'm lost and i cannot even find the file php.ini

many thanks

Hi Rolige and thank you so much for your reply.

yes i have no idea were to look for the php variables and after contacting my hosting provider they suggested "We are unable to make changes to the shared hosting settings as doing so may adversely affect other users, if you need to have hosting that needs to have upgrades/changes made to it, may I suggest that you look at a cloudnx server as you have complete control over the operating system and can apply updates when needed."

Sadly, I have to give up on prestashop for now and continue to use my other software to build the website.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Fabio

48 minutes ago, Fabio said:

Sadly, I have to give up on prestashop for now and continue to use my other software to build the website.

Or change your hosting provider, most of the shared services allows to change the basic variables of php by overriding the php.ini, it's clear that your hosting does not support it.

Regards!