1.7.4.1 Server Timeouts

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded my shop from PS 1.7.3.2 to 1.7.4.1 and also upgraded my theme to the latest version (warehouse theme). Ever since then I have started to experience this weird timeout problem, and the TTFB has gotten extremely bad.

PHP 7

Mysql 5.6 

Warehouse theme 4.1.9

PS 1.7.4.1

There is times when everything is working okay, and my site will load inside 10 seconds. But mostly I am experiencing an issue where it can take up to 80 to 100 seconds on Time to First Byte and then the site loads. Other times the entire site will timeout completely and return nothing (blank page). This is on both a regular Ethernet connection and a cellular network. 

I have tried debugging on many levels and cannot find the root cause of the issue. This issue is happening when no visitors to the site, and no usage\activity on BO either. The server is not overloaded and has enough resources to deal with requests etc.

I am hoping someone can send me in the right direction in terms of where to look. I have tried disabling modules and switching back to classic theme, issue still persists. Hosting provider have repeatedly said that there is no problem on hosting end. I can confirm that loading a pure HTML page is lightning quick, no problems at all. I've even loaded the HTML page at the same time the main website times out completely, mind boggling, and suggesting the problem has to be in Prestashop somewhere, i just cant see where that is right now.

The database is not full, I have less then 100 products, and a handful of categories, shop is only live 2 months.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Robert

Hi Robert, is you enable PS profiling?  You would need to replicate during profiling to get any meaningful info.

You can do this by accessing your PS files via FTP or hosting file manager.

locate config/defines/defines.inc.php

Change define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);  to true

note: this will enable both backend and front end profiling to 'all' visitors.  scroll to bottom to get report.

Can you please share your hosting info,  i.e. who do you host with and what package you have.  Providing links to your package level is useful.