PayPal - Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

bnadauld

Im having big problems. Does anyone have any experience of this error - ive checked all the forum posts but none seem to apply. Ive even had 202 ecommerce (creators of the PayPal module) look at the site and are unable to help.

Ive uninstalled and reinstall and updated the Paypal module - tried old versions of the modules.

Im sure its something to do with changes that PayPal have made to their requirements that need to be 'parsed' from my site's during the checkout process. My reasoning is that the issue first started with US customers, then Canada then months later Singapore and now the UK. Like they have staggered rolling out the changes??

This issue happens now to both of our flower shop sites. One on 1.6 and the other 1.7. 

https://www.tinsflowershop.com/ 

https://www.pangasinanflowershop.com/

The only thing i can think of that differentiates our sites to a standard Prestashop build is that i have set up states for our province in the Philippines. This is so we can correctly bill our customers for delivery fees - we only deliver inside our province.  I just made the iso codes up - not sure if that matters.

I was told by 202 ecommerce to contact PayPal by tbh they have been so unhelpful for the last 3 months. After multiple calls/emails i have sent them -the best they could come up with was clear my browser cashe, send the customer a personal invoice. Its not like we are blocked by paypal either - i have created canadian and uk paypal account via vpn and by traveling to the Uk to test the payment process. I can send my paypal accounts direct money but not via the connection from our sites via the api.

Its been 3 months now and our small flower shops have almost been destroyed. A total disaster for my family - ive been forced to leave the country to look for work.

Hope someone has an idea as im totally out of them.

Many thanks in advance

states.png

5b6c61d7dc96c.png

Edited by bnadauld (see edit history)

I just got this from actual PayPal. Wow!

I have no idea how or whether i need to change this addoveride to '0'? or whether i need to mod my template authentication.tpl and/or address.tpl file? or maybe there is something else???? Ive recontacted  202ecommerce - who are really freaking great - to see if they can help.

Here's the Paypal reply - hope it helps you or someone:

Thanks for contacting PayPal Technical Assistance and my apologies for the delay in replying.

I ran a test on your website and could reproduce the issue.

In your ExpressCheckout button your integration is passing this parameter:

addroverride = "1"

That means you require a full address (city, country, zip code, state) but your form accept some fileds like the zip code as optional so are not passed into the payment flow.

Infact our logs returns:

message=SHIPPING_ADDRESS_INVALID

Also I noticed that the state is passed as "Li" but should be all uppercase.

If you are using a third party module for the payment then you need to ask them to make the fields for the address compulsory.

Let me know for anything,

18 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

Did you find a resolution? I had the same thing but now the error reads:

Error in Paypal

Unexpected error occurred.

The errors seem to change with each update to the module. Not much good really. Maybe try this link to get paypal to look at your site:

https://www.paypal-techsupport.com

it took me many many months to drag this out of paypal by going the usual login to paypal business and send message/email/phone call route.

Also to get to the actual module makers - i got to 202ecommerce by logging a ticket via the addon market place:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/1748-paypal-braintree-official.html

Tel me if you find anything i missed - its been 3 months now since ive taken a paypal payment. This is some FU sh*t.

Thank your for sharing your progress

That looks like the classic module-integration nightmare: you have 3 people that need to talk to each other to make the whole thing work (Paypal, 202ecommerce who makes the module and prestashop who runs the module) and each of them tell you to go talk to the other one

I have seen this many times unfortunately, not only for prestashop ... :(

Edited by ksaan (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

bit weird as everything with paypal was going fine then people in the US couldnt pay, then Canada, then Singapore then the UK. Its like paypal rolled out a change and they wont let on.

Sucks for our little businesses and my family - big time

I went through 202 then they sent me to PayPal then they sent me to Braintree and now I am back. It's definitely a issue on the client side. Now I need to figure  out how to get Prestashop to realize that its something on their side. I could go into more details but the short story is: the credit card is being denied because of the way its being card is being handed over. I could see 2 attempts at a sale but are denied. Weird thing is my own attempts to sell myself something don't even get that far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

after 4 months of calls - support tickets from braintree 202ecommerce, emails and angry customers i ave finally found out that paypal now does not let customers outside the Philippines buy and ship products in the Philippines. Nice one.

see response from https://www.paypal-techsupport.com:

Braintree is not working in Philippines I am afraid ( https://www.braintreepayments.com/en-gb/country-selection ).

Another PayPal module will anyway follow the same rules as al the payments are processed by PayPal where for example a buyer with a card from UAE can't ship to Philippines.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Andrea | PayPal Merchant Technical Support

What an utter waste of time.

Hope this helps someone like me from wasting their time and money setting up a business in the Philippines in the future.

Fixed it (kind of... partly 90%).

I changed modules. To: (https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/27842-paypal-payments-standard.html)

I can now take payment via c.card from the UK so i imagine i can can take payments from anywhere now. The one issue is that if the customer chooses to pay via a paypal account he/she (when asked in paypal checkout) is unable to add in the Filipino delivery address - forcing him to ship to his billing/invoice address.

Im working with the module maker to further things. Will let you know..

All i can say is this module is working and the developer is great, replies back almost instantly and produces something that has saved my business.