Ultra Slow Prestashop because of Initcontent

George

Hello guy i would like to inform you Prestashop architecture and method of programing is very old.they are still using hook to call controller and never use some good idea and solution if you check should write thouthands line to do simple job. it has very bad structure. Please have a look inside Initcontent file I will share some photo you will understand below picture show this lines always run  every page

image.thumb.png.50aa6771891ccccf0b488746577705de.png

look below how effect to open a page .Indeed a page 10times become faster to download when i remove this

image.thumb.png.1fa5921e061a2533e7f6879a20c4f34f.png

Left one include codes and right one is remove from 1154ms  convert to 15ms. indeed the codes developed inside Prestashop structure like for 1000 years ago.

Look how react when we test only 10 concurrent and 100 Request to a server with 16GB memory and  16 core CPU . you will see like system going to die

image.thumb.png.4b735ebfa37a298fba344f40b81ad1af.png

Indeed prestashop good for a Woman Beauty salon have only 10 products and have 200 customers. Now Amgento and Shopify at least use new technologies .

One more things is  weak community of Prestashop there is no community because its not an american community and its all a French software .so no one answer you at all

Thanks,

George

Let me show you concurrent users when connect to a big server how its act

Hi,

As per my knowledge, the slow response of the hook will depend upon the number of modules which are calling that particular hook. Even a single module which is calling that particular hook can slow down the entire flow depending upon the processing being done in the module. The hook is similar to event/observer of the Magento. If any observer its taking time that it can slow down the entire code flow.  

Apart from that, The hook is being used most popular CMS i.e. Wordpress & also in Drupal so saying the hooks concept is very old which doesn't seem correct to me but yes definitely architecture of Magento is too far ahead.

As per my experience, Magento is very slow comparative to Prestashop (Talking about the base code only). Speed can be improved using FPC & other caching technique which are applicable in case of PrestaShop as well.

Hoping to see the server results. It would be good if you can compare the same with Magento :)

Edited by Knowband Plugins (see edit history)

image.thumb.png.b7e9c30563fc9af457978dd6ee13af75.png

As you can see inside this banckmark i place 2000 pcs concurrent 200 pcs as you see alot of failor. The system cant response at all. Indeed prestashop made to make more CPU consuming .Please have a look below this is i test very simple page. this page have nothing this is only Login page and have nothing only two modules is run this is 100 request 10 concurrent passed however as you see below .you never believe howmuch prestashop is slow.

image.thumb.png.cf1030707acc080c5f78f18d04ceb67b.png

its not build for large scale. same computer we run another platform based on Node.JS can response 5000 Request with  500 concurrent. One of the problem in prestashop no one answer you.Its like an old city all people die inside this city and no one say hello

image.png

On 8/14/2018 at 6:01 PM, George said:

One more things is  weak community of Prestashop there is no community because its not an american community and its all a French software .so no one answer you at all

It is unfortunate but this is true.

• Like 1

Hello Do you have connection with people coding prestashop core. Prestashop core technology is too old.Now many new technologies come.I think very easy Prestashop can move on.Prestashop software originally eating alot of CPU

Indeed, 1.7 is a bit slow compared to the previous version, but I think you are just exaggerating. None of the results you have shown compare with what we saw on our staging environment.

The code might be old, but that is not the reason why the software has been slow on your setup. 1.5 actually flies on modern machines when you patch the code for php 7.2+

I also do not understand why you try to offend all of France in your post, lack of community has nothing to do with being a non-US business. Just too bad you had to insult so many people. Would've had a serious look at your benchmarks otherwise. Now I think it was just a stupid rant trying to discredit Prestashop.

About prestashop code and architecture:

Look at this Wordpress code https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/master/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php#L1698. I guess you are going to say "Disgusting !".
You know what ? Wordpress powers 30% of the web. With this kind of crappy code.

Wordpress, Drupal and PrestaShop were created at a time where people were writing php in this manner. PHP development has evolved a lot and now has great practices and tooling (for example Symfony and Laravel frameworks) but we all know it is a lot longer to rewrite code than to create a new project from scratch using the latest technologies and tools.

So yes, PS, Drupal and Wordpress have still a ton of legacy bad-looking php code. But this code brings value and runs thousand of shops and blogs, and as far as I know the 3 projects are working on increasing a lot the quality of the code. Want an example ? Look at the kind of code that is being inserted in prestashop now: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/9370/files . This is fine-looking modern php code. This is decoupled, testable, documented code. It will take a lot of time (months, maybe years) to replace all the oldcode  but it will happen eventually.  And you can see the same happening for Wordpress. And both Prestashop and Drupal are working on a Symfony migration.

About the community: agree with PrestaRalph 100%. Your statement is "if a project is not from US the community will not exist". This is 2018 and Europe and Asia are fully awaken.