Uploading supplier csv. file without adding new products

Hi,

Firstly let me just confirm that I'm no computer geek & I'm brand new to Prestashop. I've been paying for outsourced work to make changes I needed to the theme I purchased & also making some changes myself, however I'm now looking to make some final ones myself.

Please could someone assist with the below;

I'm uploading new products to my site using the suppliers product code & inserting this into the "reference" section of my items.

I'm sent a csv. file from one of my suppliers which has their product code & quantities only. I don't have all the products they supply on my site, therefore when I upload this csv. file it makes new products with the references which I don't have on my site. I want it to only recognize the reference which are already located within my products & not make new products. Is there a way of achieving this?

I don't have the time to edit this sheet daily & wish to do a simple upload for this supplier as they aren't the only supplier I have to manage. 

Anyone which can offer some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if there is anyone out there who would be happy to take on my queries as I have a few others also

Thanks 

Hi,

Unfortunately I tried to do that & it is pulling through all the reference which are not in my products & creating them as new product.

I assume I need to select products drop down within the import section & not a different option?

8 hours ago, RogueWaveLimited said:

I think if you have a file containing only the reference and quantity and you load that only those existing products that match the reference will be updated with the new quantity. You can easily check this with just a few products in your CSV.

Hi,

Unfortunately I tried to do that & it is pulling through all the reference which are not in my products & creating them as new product.

I assume I need to select products drop down within the import section & not a different option?