New Product images not showing in Front Office

Darussalam

Hi, Ever since we upgraded from v1.6.1.18 to v1.6.1.20, the newly uploaded product images show fine in back office but not in front office. I have to regenerate all images for them to show up but even that is showing a 'Invalid Security Token' and times out.

You can see this product which was recently uploaded: https://dar-us-salam.com/miscellaneous/halal-superfoods/f100-double-date-medjool-dates-32-oz.html  . This image shows okay in back office: https://dar-us-salam.com/img/p/3/9/0/6/3906.jpg but this one doesn't in front office: https://dar-us-salam.com/3906-cart_default/f100-double-date-medjool-dates-32-oz.jpg .

I have searched all over for a resolution and have tried many things but nothing has worked. I think something caused this issue when we upgraded Prestashop. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

I just finally figured out what was wrong and will explain how I figured it out as it may be helpful for others. When I checked the error_log files in the admin folder I found out that it was the 'PrestaSpeed' module by RSI which was causing these errors below. Once I uninstalled the module completely, the new product images that I upload started displaying and even the Regenerate Thumbnails option started working fine. I will try to email the developer (RSI0 about the issue but I never get any response from them.

[10-Aug-2018 17:35:56 US/Central] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Invalid file path: /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/img/p/7/1/3/713-cart_default.jpg in /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/modules/prestaspeed/smushit.inc.php:129
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/modules/prestaspeed/smushit.inc.php(71): Smush22::file(Resource id #10667, '/home/dushos5/p...', '/\\.(jpg|jpeg|pn...', false, false, false)
#1 /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/modules/prestaspeed/prestaspeed.php(6926): Smush22::it('/home/dushos5/p...')
#2 /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/controllers/admin/AdminImagesController.php(631): PrestaSpeed->hookActionWatermark(Array)
#3 /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/controllers/admin/AdminImagesController.php(689): AdminImagesControllerCore->_regenerateWatermark('/home/dushos5/p...', Array)
#4 /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/controllers/admin/AdminImagesController.php(369): AdminImagesControllerCore->_regenerateThumbnails('products', '0')
#5 /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/classes/controller/Controller.php(178): AdminImagesControllerCore->postProcess()
#6 /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/override/classes/Dispatcher.php(360): ControllerCore->run()
#7 /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/override/classes/Dispatcher.php(132): Dispatcher->dispatch_16()
#8 /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/admin787cap8lm/index.php(58): Dispatcher->dispatch()
#9 {main}
  thrown in /home/dushos5/public_html/PrestaShop/modules/prestaspeed/smushit.inc.php on line 129

Is there any way for Prestashop to immediately display the errors instead of having to search through the error_log files? I enabled debug mode and display_errors but none of them showed what was wrong.

// enable debug mode
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

I have this in the php.ini file as well:

display_errors = On
max_execution_time = 100000
max_input_time = 1000
max_input_vars = 9000
memory_limit = 512M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php71"
upload_max_filesize = 24M