Upgrade fails

HAIRWEBSHOP

Hello,

We have moved to a more powerful VPS and we want to upgrade Prestashop to version 1.6.1.20 with the latest 1-click upgrade module 4.0, but it fails, it says it can not upgrade file in /admin/themes/default/img/button-bg.png and then tries to rollback the ugprade back. I have checked the file permissions on the server and even restarted our VPS later, but the error persists.

All non-prestashop modules are disabled, the server has more than enough memory and execution time, all caches are cleaned and the database is cleaned using the clean database module. We use Prestashop for quite a few years now and not once has the upgrade process been successful, ever. Please help us upgrade Prestashop to the latest version 1.6.1.20.

Same here! We have never been able to upgrade with the updater modul. Even the new one it looks like Prestashop is not able to fix the problems at all!

Because the database does not change, we just unzip the new files over the installation, remove install folder and rename admin, then it works for our clients. But we have already moved a few to WooCommerce because in some cases it was easier (and cheaper) to migrate then to update Presta....

@Witopy GmbH

I have never had problems upgrading WordPress or WooCommerce, but they just do not meet our requirements. It should not be rocket science to upgrade software to a minor version, or even major version in our opinion.

It's not my intention to sound demanding, we know that Prestashop is open source, but most of their addons are not, and are quite expensive in comparison with other e-commerce platforms. I therefore think that the developers owe us at least a stable e-commerce platform to use these paid addons with.

@MARK-APP.com

Yes, first I tried to download the latest beta version and realized that it was officially released on the Prestashop Addons Marketplace, so we have tried that too.