Can I edit the blocks to look more alike?

harial

I hope I am posting this in the correct area. Basically, the three blocks: 'Best Sellers', 'Viewed Products', and 'Recently Added' all look different and show different things. I'd like them to be more consistent in how they look. The only one I like is the 'Viewed Products' block. I tried to swap around the code myself and had very limited success. Does anyone know the key pieces of code that I could edit to get the blocks to look alike?

Thanks so much for any help!

37150_9XL0vawagVlP8nFqi6l6_t

These are the templates you need to override:

modules/blockbestsellers/blockbestsellers.tpl
modules/blocknewproducts/blocknewproducts.tpl
modules/blockviewed/blockviewed.tpl

just copy the files to:
themes/willow/modules/blockviewed/blockviewed.tpl
themes/willow/modules/blocknewproducts/blocknewproducts.tpl
themes/willow/modules/blockviewed/blockviewed.tpl

and make the neccessary changes. For some of the modules a change in the .php file may be required.

You would edit the .tpl files that you copied into the themes folder and make the necessary changes there instead of in the original folder.

UltraWebDev, can I override .php files the same way? Just by copying the original to the same folder structure under your theme and editing those files? I've been trying to get a handle on how to change php files in a way that won't break during an upgrade. For example, if I needed to change the /modules/paypal/express/paypalexpress.php file, would I just copy it to /themes/mytheme/modules/paypal/express/paypalexpress.php and edit it there? Would I need all of the other files in the folder as well, or just the file to be changed?

Thanks (sorry for hijacking the thread)

You would edit the .tpl files that you copied into the themes folder and make the necessary changes there instead of in the original folder.

UltraWebDev, can I override .php files the same way? Just by copying the original to the same folder structure under your theme and editing those files? I've been trying to get a handle on how to change php files in a way that won't break during an upgrade. For example, if I needed to change the /modules/paypal/express/paypalexpress.php file, would I just copy it to /themes/mytheme/modules/paypal/express/paypalexpress.php and edit it there? Would I need all of the other files in the folder as well, or just the file to be changed?

Thanks (sorry for hijacking the thread)

No, you can't override the .php files. If you need to make a changes in the .php files, just copy/paste the whole module and rename it (the folder name, the main .php file, the class and $this->name in the constructor).