Generate pdf invoice file when order is completed

Hi, 

I'm trying to develop a module for my store that automatically generates a PDF of the order invoice upon completion of the order process. 

I used the actionValidateOrder hook and I am able to make my code run at the right moment, but I have no clue how to generate the PDF in a specific folder of my server (the save part is not the issue, but the generate PDF is). 

I'm completely clueless. 

Can anyone help me? 

//You have the $order object, right?

$order_invoice_list = $order->getInvoicesCollection();
//The pdf generator
$pdf = new PDF($order_invoice_list, PDF::TEMPLATE_INVOICE, $this->context->smarty);
//Actual pdf file
$file_attachement['content'] = $pdf->render(false);
$file_attachement['name'] = Configuration::get('PS_INVOICE_PREFIX', (int)$order->id_lang, null, $order->id_shop).sprintf('%06d', $order->invoice_number).'.pdf';
$file_attachement['mime'] = 'application/pdf';

Happy Coding. :)

Hi,

Kindly confirm if you want to generate the Invoice PDF OR Custom PDF?

To generate the custom PD, You can use the Dompdf library to generate PDF i.e. https://github.com/dompdf/dompdf

For Example:

You can use the below code to generate as well as save the PDF in the specific folder.

include_once(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.'MODULE_NAME/libraries/dompdf/dompdf_config.inc.php');

$html_content = $this->context->smarty->fetch(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.'MODULE_NAME/views/templates/front/front.tpl');
$dompdf = new DOMPDF();
$html = utf8_decode($html_content);
$dompdf->load_html($html);
$dompdf->render();

$file_name = FILE_PATH;
file_put_contents($file_name, $dompdf->output());
$dompdf->stream($file_name, array('Attachment' => 0));

The above code will help you to generate as well as save PDF file. You can customize the PDF as $html_content is used to provide the content of the pdf.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2018 at 12:54 PM, Ram Chandra said:

//You have the $order object, right?

$order_invoice_list = $order->getInvoicesCollection();
//The pdf generator
$pdf = new PDF($order_invoice_list, PDF::TEMPLATE_INVOICE, $this->context->smarty);
//Actual pdf file
$file_attachement['content'] = $pdf->render(false);
$file_attachement['name'] = Configuration::get('PS_INVOICE_PREFIX', (int)$order->id_lang, null, $order->id_shop).sprintf('%06d', $order->invoice_number).'.pdf';
$file_attachement['mime'] = 'application/pdf';

Happy Coding. :)

Hi, I had to put this project on hold for a while, but I will give this a try and let you know if it works.

Thanks!