Home page is almost empty and product pages don't have header and footer

Hi,

I'm using PrestaShop 1.6.1.9 for half a year now with no complaints whatsover. Today I tried changing the way prices are shown from with tax to without tax. I carried out the steps as explained in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7naKPfDCX_I

(= set display tax on in localization->taxes and set the appropriate price display setting in the three default customers->groups)

I started with the visitor group only. After I made the changes, I tested the result for a logged in user and a guest. To found out that the home page only showed my logo and an empty footer (so essential, an almost empty page!). I was able to access product pages (by googling them) and they showed only its content without any module rendered (like menu, categories, last visited products and the like).

I enabled debugging the debug flag in defines.inc.php but there was no error reported. Also the log file gives informative messages only.

I really have no cue what caused this and how to solve it. I managed to get the site working properly again by disabling the group functionality altogether (as reverting the individual changes didn't do anything). So at least I have my webshop up and running again.

When I enable the group functionality (advanced->performance) the problem reappears. So it is easy to reproduce at least.

Any idea's or suggestion? Any help is appreciated very much.

homepage.PNG

Hello,

I have looked into the problem again. I found out that it looks like the empty home page issue due to low memory but this issue is different because there is a page served but it just has hardly any content. The debugger also clearly shows only a handfull of get requests (that btw all go well) instead of the usually vast amount of request. I also know that I can trigger this by turning of the customer group function (in advanced->performance).

Does anyone has a clue?

• 2 years later...