Upgrading prestashop 1.7.2.3 to 1.7.4.2

I am trying to upgrade the prestashop version from 1.7.2.3 to 1.7.4.2 version. I am using one click upgrade latest version 3.0.5 and have changed the permissions of the folder as recommended at both locations autoupgrade in admin and modules.

Post permission change it gives me the list of files to be updated and changed files from previous version. All options selected are as per recommendation. Upgrade files are downloaded, uncompressed backup also happens. But upgrade process errors out and error comes. After this whole site goes down, even I can't rollback to previous version. After this I get server 500 error. I have to manually restore the backup to get site online to previous version. 

I want to update the PS version, anyone please let me know what I am missing here. Below is the error I see during upgrade.

Backup files in progress. 1263 files left
Backup files in progress. 863 files left
Backup files in progress. 463 files left
All files saved. Now backing up database
Database backup done in filename V1.7.2.3_20180803-004530-3345c1d2. Now upgrading files...
19738 files will be upgraded.
19138 files left to upgrade.
[Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeFiles] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

Thanks Ksaan, I tried the version 4.0 for autoupgrade but it failed installation. Below are the logs.

[2018-08-05 04:32:37] security.DEBUG: User was reloaded from a user provider. {"username":"[email protected]","provider":"PrestaShopBundle\\Security\\Admin\\EmployeeProvider"} []
[2018-08-05 04:32:39] request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException: "Parse Error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$'" at /home4/gosabhyata/public_html/modules/autoupgrade/classes/UpgradeTools/Translator.php line 41 {"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\FatalErrorException(code: 0): Parse Error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' at /home4/gosabhyata/public_html/modules/autoupgrade/classes/UpgradeTools/Translator.php:41)"} []
[2018-08-05 04:32:39] security.DEBUG: Stored the security token in the session. {"key":"_security_main"} []

What is your php version ? The error "Parse Error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE)" ... happens when you have a php older than 5.5. I think your php version is too old, you need to upgrade.

You need at least php 5.5 to run prestashop, and in fact it is recommended to use either php 5.6 or php 7.1